TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

San Antonio - Safe Parking?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Justicepool, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Justicepool

Justicepool Member

I am picking up my Model X in San Antonio on Saturday and plan on staying a couple of nights in town.

There are a few hotels with destination chargers. Anyone familiar with them? I just want the safest area to park overnight in. Don't really have to have a destination charger, but I prefer to patron a location with one if possible.

The St. Anthony, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Antonio

Boutique Hotel, San Antonio Riverwalk - Home | Hotel Havana

Hyatt.com

Riverwalk Plaza Hotel – San Antonio Riverwalk Hotels

Romantic Getaways in San Antonio :: B&B Riverwalk Vacation Packages

Stay at Hotel Emma | San Antonio Boutique Hotel | Hotel Emma

Hyatt.com

Thanks in advance.

John

2. kavyboy

kavyboy Active Member

Check plugshare.com. I've used Houston Street garage and the Marina/Convention Center garage. Both are much less expensive than hotel parking, and the people I walked by on my way out of the hotel are often still waiting for valets when I drive by.
    One of Houston Street chargers is on the top floor, which is a very non-busy area. The other one doesn't have any parking spaces adjacent to it, so in both cases, nearly ding-free.

• Like x 1
  3. byeLT4

byeLT4 Member

Drury Inn near La Cantera (NW side) is a favorite of mine when staying in SA for various events. Parking is in a garage with very wide spaces, makes for worry free nights! Not sure about destination chargers there however.

4. Justicepool

Justicepool Member

Thanks! That place looks perfect.

• Like x 1
  5. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

I suspect that any hotel with a charger would be a fair choice.

6. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Drury Inn does not have charging. I contacted them about outlets in the garage a year or so ago and they said they had nothing.

not as big of a deal now that there is a supercharger on I-10 north of downtown.

• Informative x 1
  7. Justicepool

Justicepool Member

Stayed at the Drury Inn for one night (they do not have destination charging), then went to the Hotel Emma for the rest of the stay. They have destination charging with valet parking in an underground garage. Very safe location. There are two Tesla destination chargers, but only one was working during my stay.

• Informative x 2
  8. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Well, that's the nicest hotel in town, so nice upgrade - I'm surprised they had NYE rooms given the Alamo Bowl was also that night. Glad you enjoyed.

• Like x 1