Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Antonio Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh good, thanks yobigd20! I had heard that they had to give up on the previous location we'd been watching but didn't know if they'd found a new prospect yet.

So this is close to the La Cantera area, 1604 and I-10 West. Seems like a pretty nice spot.

Last edited:

This is probably true, but not for the anti-electric, pro-oil Texas conspiracy you are implying. Putting in a gas station is a known issue with placement in the aquifer recharge zone, and the construction requirements are established and familiar. Not so with the batteries. Rechargeable batteries are a definite known issue for contamination due to heavy metals. I can see some well- meaning official thinking ALL rechargeable batteries are hazardous wanting to rule on the side of caution.

Once some education of officials is done, there should be no problem.

Or they could move the location a few miles to be out of the environmentally sensitive area.

Any news on Service Center progress?
I just had my first annual service a couple of weeks ago (less than a year, but more than 13,000 miles on the car). The Tesla service ranger who performed the service told me that both of the first two locations fell through and they're back in location-scouting mode.

Sorry, I wish I had better news. They definitely need to get this sorted out before the Model 3 hits the streets. My advice to Tesla, if anyone is reading this, is to stop trying to build in the Edwards Aquifer recharge zone.