Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Antonio Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect it has less to do with realities of the aquifer and more to do with the likes of Red McCombs or Ancira. I spoke to the San Antonio City Engineer after the last attempt and he had recommended approval despite the concerns raised regarding the aquifer and battery storage.

I suspect it has less to do with realities of the aquifer and more to do with the likes of Red McCombs or Ancira. I spoke to the San Antonio City Engineer after the last attempt and he had recommended approval despite the concerns raised regarding the aquifer and battery storage.
It's likely both "Bootleggers and Baptists", with the auto dealer cartel playing the part of the bootleggers and the environmentalists playing the part of the Baptists. Each uses the other for their own purposes.
Bootleggers and Baptists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's likely both "Bootleggers and Baptists", with the auto dealer cartel playing the part of the bootleggers and the environmentalists playing the part of the Baptists. Each uses the other for their own purposes.
Bootleggers and Baptists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One might hope that the environmentalists would be on our side. Aren't Tesla's lithium-based batteries safer than traditional lead-acid?

Good point about the dealer cartel.

Did my first short road trip in my new to me MS to San Antonio from Killeen. After stopping at the San Marcos SC , was kind of shocked there was no SC south of there. Ended up staying longer than I wanted to ensure I could make it back to San Marcos.

Did my first short road trip in my new to me MS to San Antonio from Killeen. After stopping at the San Marcos SC , was kind of shocked there was no SC south of there. Ended up staying longer than I wanted to ensure I could make it back to San Marcos.
Why were you shocked after stopping in San Marcos? Didn't you look at the supercharger map ahead of time? In Texas you can't just get into the car and drive somewhere-- you need to plan your trip for where to supercharge and where you might be able to plug in at your destination. And have a backup plan.

I'm a NOOB!

Check out PlugShare for next time. I see a number of options around San Antonio for EV charging. They're just not as fast as the supercharger but should be more than adequate to add enough range while you're dining/sight seeing/etc to get you back to the supercharger in San Marcos.

Do note that PlugShare normally lets you click on the markers to get detailed info about each location. I see a "loading..." message at the top, but the popup doesn't open.

Reactions: benjiejr
I'm a NOOB!

Welcome!!!

Superchargers are being added in Texas (and in other locales), however your trip will have less anxiety when you do a little planning before starting each trip.
Three new ones are currently under construction.
Another resource (more frequently updated than the Tesla Motors Supercharger page) is Supercharger.info.

Hopefully your next trip will be longer and less eventful.

Cattledog is correct: most of us expect South Texas expansion of Superchargers before completing making the big leap to connect Casa Grande, AZ to Texas.

That's located just east of the Boerne Stage Road exit isn't it? Just looking at it as a possible supercharger site and speculating internally as to if it could be reached in one shot from my home when traveling west on I-10. Would be about a 215mi shot, but at least it's mostly a flat run.

So, this is interesting....
I saw an article on the Rivard Report via a friend on Facebook, that the new San Antonio Museum of Science and Technology is being temporarily housed at the e-Watch building.

Isn't this the building we thought would be the Tesla Service Center? Will we share space? It would be cool to be able to hang out at the museum while waiting on service, but I don't know if there's enough space. Or maybe this means we have to wait for the museum to find a permanent home before Tesla can start on the buildout.

After my scouting mission to Three Rivers this morning I don't really have time in the next couple of weeks to head out to Boerne for more reconnaissance. Anybody out that direction want to take a look?

• Informative
Reactions: BerTX
Darn, I sure iike that location.

Monroe owns the building, And Monroe owns the stuff in the museum. I think he just ran out of room in his basement and moved some to the building for temporary storage/display. This was an opportunity to get some free PR for the museum.

Hi everyone, I finally had time to go by the latest possible location for the San Antonio Service Center location. I went by yesterday, 8/30/16 and I see no activity for the Service Center. It is filled with museum exhibits. Here are some photos:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg