Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Antonio Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just posted this:

Sorry April, but the franchise law is there to protect the dealerships, *not* the consumers. If it were really to protect the consumers then it should be applied to *all* businesses. Shut down all the Apple Stores, Dell can no longer sell you a computer, home builders cannot sell you a home, banish all the "store brands" at the grocery stores, etc. as all products must be sold through third parties.

Okay, back to random pictures from today.
IMG_20170405_153448246_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170405_153545442_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170405_153733890_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170405_153807870.jpg
IMG_20170405_153836320.jpg
IMG_20170405_153914132.jpg

It's looking very close. I took a few pictures late this afternoon.

01_outside.png

Front of the building, signs are up. Similar to what BerTX saw a week ago.

02_gallery.png

I couldn't get inside, but I could look through windows. This is the Gallery area. Furniture, computers and wall displays are in place. No display vehicles yet.

03_servicedesk.png

Looking in another window. Desks and computers for service center area. These are HP monitors; the machines in the Gallery area were iMacs. Apple for sales and Windows for service?

04_servicebays.png

Service bays, with a Model X inside. This area doesn't look quite as ready.

05_newcars.png

There is a row of new vehicles parked behind the building. More than the three you can see here. These don't look like demos, because the demos I've seen before tend to have California manufacturer plates, and these don't have any license plates at all. They look like new cars about to be delivered to owners. To me this strongly suggests that they are very close to having this location ready to host some deliveries.

Reactions: byeLT4
It's looking very close. I took a few pictures late this afternoon.

View attachment 222884
Front of the building, signs are up. Similar to what BerTX saw a week ago.

View attachment 222885
I couldn't get inside, but I could look through windows. This is the Gallery area. Furniture, computers and wall displays are in place. No display vehicles yet.

View attachment 222886
Looking in another window. Desks and computers for service center area. These are HP monitors; the machines in the Gallery area were iMacs. Apple for sales and Windows for service?

View attachment 222887
Service bays, with a Model X inside. This area doesn't look quite as ready.

View attachment 222888

There is a row of new vehicles parked behind the building. More than the three you can see here. These don't look like demos, because the demos I've seen before tend to have California manufacturer plates, and these don't have any license plates at all. They look like new cars about to be delivered to owners. To me this strongly suggests that they are very close to having this location ready to host some deliveries.

Nice work, thanks!

It does look close. Most of the permits are still open, but some are awaiting minor details.

Maybe one of you San Antonio folks who are registered with the paper online should post a comment explaining that most charging is done at home. The article implies that charging stations are needed and aren't readily available to San Antonio residents. (I was too lazy to register on the site).

What usually goes down at these things? Decent finger foods, commiserating with fellow owners, some short remarks from some regional sales manager...anything else? Trying to decide if I want to attend or not.
I suspect you've got the gist of it. Hors d'oeuvres, wine and cocktails, meet and greet with the staff. Possibly a mini-tour - not that there is that much to see, but I'll want to see the service center area, and if I were them I wouldn't want people wandering around the service bays unattended.

I'm mentally debating whether I want to start in right away with tough questions about quality control, software UI design, features for AP2, Supercharger availability and density in the forthcoming Model 3 era, etc. You know, all the stuff that people complain about on this forum! Maybe I'll wait a few weeks.