Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Antonio Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Short viddy...

Nice drone video! From what I can see in the parking lot, the boxy pole lights (and interior garage lighting, too) appear to NOT be LED. Very surprising that Tesla would pick a legacy technology like metal halide or even linear fluorescent. The energy savings of using LED versus MH is about 70%. If someone passes by, would you mind taking a close-up shot of the lights?

Am I crazy or does it not seem like there's nearly enough parking for even a modest turnout for Thursday's event? I'm bringing some friends as my guests, and it looks like we should probably carpool. (EDIT: I hadn't zoomed out on Google Maps, I guess people will use the big lot for the strip center next door? Assuming it hasn't been built-out in some way since the Google sat photo was taken.)

Also, did anyone click on the "Get Directions" link in the invitation email? It links to GPS coordinates on I-10...about halfway to Seguin. Oops. o_O

Am I crazy or does it not seem like there's nearly enough parking for even a modest turnout for Thursday's event? I'm bringing some friends as my guests, and it looks like we should probably carpool. (EDIT: I hadn't zoomed out on Google Maps, I guess people will use the big lot for the strip center next door? Assuming it hasn't been built-out in some way since the Google sat photo was taken.)

Also, did anyone click on the "Get Directions" link in the invitation email? It links to GPS coordinates on I-10...about halfway to Seguin. Oops. o_O

The lot in the back IS being built out as a home builder office. I don't think much of it would be available, but the center next door has some space. There is also a bit of parking at the entrance to the subdivision on the other side, although it is a short walk away.

Are there invitations to this, or is everyone just crashing?

The lot in the back IS being built out as a home builder office. I don't think much of it would be available, but the center next door has some space. There is also a bit of parking at the entrance to the subdivision on the other side, although it is a short walk away.

Are there invitations to this, or is everyone just crashing?

I received an email invitation and RSVP'd with the number of guests. The subject line said "Exclusive Event," but whether that's literal and they're actually going to have a velvet rope and a "list" or if it's just marketing remains to be seen, I guess.

• Informative
Reactions: BerTX
How was the opening? Fun? Crowded? Official Fiesta event?

It seemed pretty well attended. It wasn't "crowded" but the gallery space was definitely full pretty much the entire time. The lot in the unfinished business development next door was almost full. I was a little late so I don't know if there were any remarks. They had an X and S on display and were doing test "rides" (driven by an employee). I recognized several folks from the Austin offices. There were some regional folks there, too, at leas one from Dallas. One guy said he moved here from California, but is a San Antonio native so he was glad to be back home.

Judging by the wide eyes and some of the questions I overheard it seemed like there were a good number of novices/non-owners in attendance. (I heard one ask if they had a Model 3.) Lots of Mercedes and BMWs in the parking lot.

The appetizers were good.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4 and BerTX
Stopped by for a visit yesterday. Much smaller than the SC I went to in Dallas, but the people were great! I was surprised by the number of 90Ds that were there that appeared to be new cars. Not sure if they are going to be used as loaners or for test drives or if they were going to new owner(s), maybe someone bought them for a fleet?

Is there a super charger being installed at the San Antonio service center? I was there a few weeks ago and saw lots of contractors. Now I see on the supercharger.info website that something is under construction

speculation. The supercharge.info is based on TMC reports. Look at the discuss link when you click on the cone on supercharge.info to find the thread.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
Fun, informal get together at the San Antonio Gallery/Service Center today. Among many things, I learned there are about 1,200 Model 3 reservations in San Antonio - awesome! Good group there, San Antonio is fortunate to have them.
IMG_7528.jpg

Reactions: byeLT4
As noted in the Supercharger - San Antonio, TX thread, they are installing HPWC charging, not Superchargers at this location.

Are the HPWC available for owners to use?

I'll be visiting my friend that lives near the service center at the end of the month in my new 3. Suspect I'll only have a 5-15 at his place as the dryer's located at the far back of his home, so my 14-30 extension cord won't reach. We're planning to head to Austin for the day for Classic Game Fest, not sure if I'll need some range to make it to the San Marcos Supercharger after driving in from Houston the night before.

Reactions: benjiejr