Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Antonio Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks - seems like not something to count on then.

Think I'll stop at the Flatonia Supercharger and have dinner then. From there it's 111 miles to my friend's home, so even if I only charge to 80% I'd have more than enough range to make it 54 miles to San Marcos the next morning.

Every time I've gone to the service center, all the HPWC spots were taken up with service center cars. I bet you probably can ask the service center to move one if you're in need.
They generally leave the charging area open at night and over the weekend, When I have had a Tesla loaner from there, it had been plugged in, so probably most of the cars parked there are not charging.

Thanks - seems like not something to count on then.

Think I'll stop at the Flatonia Supercharger and have dinner then. From there it's 111 miles to my friend's home, so even if I only charge to 80% I'd have more than enough range to make it 54 miles to San Marcos the next morning.
Dining options at the Flatonia SC are pretty limited (although I did get some mutant chicken tenders there that were decent if that's what you are in the mood for). Columbus options are better, the Mexican food place adjacent to the SC is very good and the steakhouse across the street is decent. Be careful here because it is easy for the slots to fill up and you may be charged an idle fee if you don't monitor things closely and move when the car is done.

If you can just use the NEMA 5-15 overnight at your friends place, that should give you plenty of extra to ease your mind.

Reactions: SpiceWare
Thanks, was thinking Flatonia as it's closer to SA and when I looked at a map I can see a BBQ & Mexican place close by, and a McDonalds just on the other side of the interstate. The 5-15 will help, just not sure how late I'll arrive vs how early we're leaving for Austin.

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 1.35.39 PM.png

Thanks, was thinking Flatonia as it's closer to SA and when I looked at a map I can see a BBQ & Mexican place close by, and a McDonalds just on the other side of the interstate. The 5-15 will help, just not sure how late I'll arrive vs how early we're leaving for Austin.

View attachment 316652
Those places next to the SC never look open when I have been there. Could just be the time of day. I usually stop in Flatonia going east, just for a potty break and charge what it can while doing that. If it's mealtime, I go to Columbus.

Maybe next time I'll try those places in Flatonia. Google says the BBQ is open at 8 am. I'd be curious to know what they serve for breakfast...

Looks like I could have used the Service Center as the lot was open and only a couple cars were plugged in. Didn't need it though as the full charge at Flatonia + overnight on the 120v provided more than enough to make it to Austin and back to San Antonio on Saturday. We did stop at San Marcos for dinner though to make sure I'd have enough charge for my return trip to Houston.

I tried Josesitos on this trip. It was just OK, though business must be good as they're expanding the restaurant. Joel's is just past Josesitos in the same parking lot, will try them out next time.

Found out my friends have a 5-20 in their garage, so ordered the adapter for a future visit. ETA is next Monday which is too late for my next trip - I'm heading back this weekend as we didn't finish recapping my old C= 1084S monitor.