Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego (11/9): Invite to drive Model S & 5 other EVs at Electric Car Guest Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

EV Quorum car club is throwing a party in the park and letting people drive a brand new Tesla Model S and five other electric cars as part of the entertainment.

This is going to happen Saturday November 9 from 11am - 5pm in San Diego. Other cities and dates will be announced soon.

No cost to visitors. Drivers pay $19.80 membership fee to EV Quorum car club which covers insurance and other costs of having the event. EV Quorum membership also gets you a year's subscription to Electric Car Insider magazine (print, mailed quarterly).

Details at http://www.electriccarguestdrive.com/

EV Quorum picked up their Model S in Seattle last week; I got to drive it that day (thanks!). I think the "guest drive" concept is a great one for outreach - fun for owners, very informative and low-pressure for prospective buyers. If you're near one of the drives, and know some gas drivers, try to drag them along...

My Wife and I went to the San Diego EVent in Temecula yesterday to see a Tesla (or two) up close. I have seen a few on the freeway zipping past, but never up close and personal. We spent a lot of time talking to a real nice couple about their Tesla (they are the last picture on the EVent page, Thank you to them). After that we went to the Invite to Drive event. Signed up on line for the magazine and told my wife "$20 to drive a Tesla...I am there! What a great time we both had. What a car. Everyone from the Electric Car Insider was really nice. Looked at several other Electric Vehicles there and drove a Ford Focus (I work for Chevrolet so I have driven a Volt, and also driven the Mitsu MiEV) Nothing even comes close to a Tesla. It drives and feels like a Mercedes S Class. Thank You to everyone at both events.