Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego Area Superchargers (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Encinitas charging plaza is on track. It is quite literally one block from "Main Street" and across the street from the train station. There is plenty to eat, see and do. The beach is only a couple blocks away.

While this site will likely include a Tesla Supercharger, it won't be part of the Tesla "free" network.
They've finally broken ground on this (drove by the other day). I stopped and peeked in from the main Civic Center lot above, and you can definitely see trenching and conduit routing for charging stations. However I don't see any evidence that any of them will be a Supercharger. Media descriptions say 10 "high-speed" charging stations, but no mention of Tesla.

They've finally broken ground on this (drove by the other day). I stopped and peeked in from the main Civic Center lot above, and you can definitely see trenching and conduit routing for charging stations. However I don't see any evidence that any of them will be a Supercharger. Media descriptions say 10 "high-speed" charging stations, but no mention of Tesla.

Yeah definitely not Tesla. It's being built by "Corridor Power" City approves electric vehicle charging stations

There is more info here, but I don't see anything about what type of chargers it would be. Just there will be a lounge and 10 charging stations. http://archive.ci.encinitas.ca.us/weblink8/DocView.aspx?id=756252

There is more info here, but I don't see anything about what type of chargers it would be. Just there will be a lounge and 10 charging stations. http://archive.ci.encinitas.ca.us/weblink8/DocView.aspx?id=756252
Starting on page 223 of the linked document, you can see the site drawings/plans. Page 228 has an overview of the chargers (in upper right corner). They are ChargePoint 50 kW DCFC with dual connectors for CHAdeMO & CCS, but they can only charge 1 car at a time. The model is the "CPE200 Express Charging Station".

Starting on page 223 of the linked document, you can see the site drawings/plans. Page 228 has an overview of the chargers (in upper right corner). They are ChargePoint 50 kW DCFC with dual connectors for CHAdeMO & CCS, but they can only charge 1 car at a time. The model is the "CPE200 Express Charging Station".
[Sorry, would have edited the following into my original post, but I didn't get to it in time.]

Here, I screen capped the bit on the charger to save anyone with extra curiosity from having to go looking. Low resolution is an artefact of the way they saved/uploaded the document, not really anything I did. Though it is slightly easier to read the text in the "original" document. But, it's just a standard ChargePoint DCFC with bespoke branding. Nothing especially exciting. If you want to know about the specs, you can go to ChargePoint's webpage for it.

Encinitas DCFC.JPG

Thanks for being patient enough to wait for page 223 to load! Good info.

Any thoughts about this one:

Escondido, CA | Tesla

It has been this way since 2018.. It would be nice on my commute to Riverside.
My best guess is that it will be installed at the Target on Auto Park Way, or maybe at the Target at the mall on Via Rancho Parkway, if you want to scope out the parking lots. I checked the Target on Auto Park a few weeks back, no signs of Supercharger construction then.

Reactions: jowaldo and mociaf9