TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

San Diego folks, where do you charge?

Discussion in 'California' started by metafor, Jun 27, 2013.

1. metafor

metafor Member

#1 metafor, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
    So I'll be staying down at my friend's house for a few days in SD. He doesn't have a high-speed charger and his washer plug is a bit far from the garage and not really accessible (townhouse like situation). While he's not really in SD proper -- somewhere north of mirimar -- I can probably make it down to the city parts to charge.

My question is, what do the locals use aside from their home-chargers? Is there a known good spot to get an ~70A level 2 charger? Maybe even a Roadster HPWC?

2. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

3. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

I've got a NEMA 14-50 available to anyone in north county San Diego (Encinitias) at my barn. You can book a horseback trail ride and charge while you ride! Other than that, yes, Recargo app is the way to go. I know the Zoo has chargers too. You'll have to plan out your itinerary with Recargo and see what available where you are going. Meanwhile, use 120V at night while at your friend's place.

4. metafor

metafor Member

Thanks all! Cosmacelf, I may just take you up on that offer :) Are you on plugshare or recargo?

5. markb1

markb1 Active Member

There's a 70A HPC (maybe 80A HPWC, now?) at the UTC mall, where the Tesla store is. But be sure to call ahead about availability if you want to use that.