Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego M3P- Customization Referral Request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Receiving M3P- by end of Sept. Been driving around to shops to get educated on pricing and options, but I've never done anything aside from wheels, tint, and stereo back in the day, so...

Please shoot me recommendations on any of the below, and thanks in advance!

Wheels - Did not do P+ as I don't like the 20" wheel's look, and sidewall height scares me (ding). Planning on ordering 19" Niche's with Pilot S4s from SD Tire and Wheel. $2100 + tax. Lifetime balance, etc.
- I need to offload the 18" Aero's. I see them for sale on Craigslist and Bay....range is from $750 to $1200. Wonder what people actually get, and if there is a better option?
- Do I have them remove the TPMS from factory wheels and put on my Niche's, or order new, and leave the original on the Aeros?

Caliper Paint - Pricing has ranged from $650 (Ceramic Pro) to $900 (SD Wrap...if you can get them to respond to you, do not recommend) or Resurrect up in Tustin I heard does them for $400.
- Any SD recommendation for this that doesn't take them apart?

Tint - I've always just done IR tint, never ceramic due to cost. Unsure if it's worth it, as I'll only have car 3 or 4 years. Prob just going to do the sides since top is already factory tinted.

Suspension - Looks like Unplugged has the best springs? Deciding from .9" drop or 1.5" drop. Kinda have a steep transition from the street to my driveway...makes me nervous. 100D is fine however.
- Any SD recommendations on whom to go to for install?

Chrome Delete - Getting a ton of mixed reviews on this. I'm not going to spend $1k. Would like to find a shop that can do it, quality, for like $600.

Spoiler - Want one that's satin black to match the wheels, but looks like most come in carbon fiber. I won't have any other carbon fiber unless I ignore the chrome delete and just get the carbon fiber door handles...so that's an option.
- Maybe wrap spoiler in satin black?
- Any San Diego referrals for this work?

can consider getting the Performance package that includes the following. Net cost of $2k would likely be less or equal than what you’re looking to spend on the brake calipers, suspension and spoiler aftermarket.

20” wheels - sell for $3k (leave the tpms in them and buy new for you’re replacement)
Aluminum pedals
Bigger brakes
Red calipers
Lower suspension
CF spoiler
Track Mode

I need to offload the 18" Aero's.
Quite a few people might be interested as they bought the 20” but live in the North and need the Aero’s for winter.

Prob just going to do the sides since top is already factory tinted.
Most people seem to be doing the sides and rear (but not the top.) The trick with the rear is to have it done in a single piece. If someone says it can’t be done in one piece, find someone else.

Found it. Super helpful info in that thread.

For tints I recommend monumental they do a bunch of Tesla’s and do a great job they have range of tints from basic to ceramic ..you don’t mention PPF but they also do as well ..in San Diego for spring work recommend Tag Motorsports or HG motorsports both in north county ..Tag has done work on bunch of Tesla’s as well (body , suspension wheels)

For tints I recommend monumental they do a bunch of Tesla’s and do a great job they have range of tints from basic to ceramic ..you don’t mention PPF but they also do as well ..in San Diego for spring work recommend Tag Motorsports or HG motorsports both in north county ..Tag has done work on bunch of Tesla’s as well (body , suspension wheels)

Another +1 for Monumental Workx. They tinted our X and 3, quality work at a fair price.

• Love
Reactions: JohnC and P85_DA
Receiving M3P- by end of Sept. Been driving around to shops to get educated on pricing and options, but I've never done anything aside from wheels, tint, and stereo back in the day, so...

Please shoot me recommendations on any of the below, and thanks in advance!

Wheels - Did not do P+ as I don't like the 20" wheel's look, and sidewall height scares me (ding). Planning on ordering 19" Niche's with Pilot S4s from SD Tire and Wheel. $2100 + tax. Lifetime balance, etc.
- I need to offload the 18" Aero's. I see them for sale on Craigslist and Bay....range is from $750 to $1200. Wonder what people actually get, and if there is a better option?
- Do I have them remove the TPMS from factory wheels and put on my Niche's, or order new, and leave the original on the Aeros?

Caliper Paint - Pricing has ranged from $650 (Ceramic Pro) to $900 (SD Wrap...if you can get them to respond to you, do not recommend) or Resurrect up in Tustin I heard does them for $400.
- Any SD recommendation for this that doesn't take them apart?

Tint - I've always just done IR tint, never ceramic due to cost. Unsure if it's worth it, as I'll only have car 3 or 4 years. Prob just going to do the sides since top is already factory tinted.

Suspension - Looks like Unplugged has the best springs? Deciding from .9" drop or 1.5" drop. Kinda have a steep transition from the street to my driveway...makes me nervous. 100D is fine however.
- Any SD recommendations on whom to go to for install?

Chrome Delete - Getting a ton of mixed reviews on this. I'm not going to spend $1k. Would like to find a shop that can do it, quality, for like $600.

Spoiler - Want one that's satin black to match the wheels, but looks like most come in carbon fiber. I won't have any other carbon fiber unless I ignore the chrome delete and just get the carbon fiber door handles...so that's an option.
- Maybe wrap spoiler in satin black?
- Any San Diego referrals for this work?

Monumental can do your tint, chrome delete and calipers painted. If you want to take a look at my chrome delete, tint and calipers to help make up your mind, I don't mind meeting up for you to see them in person.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA