Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego SDG&E users, are you getting home consumption in your mobile app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C897079C-C39D-45C6-870B-022219BAE95C.png
Hey everyone. I just got my solar panels activated on Saturday. Looks like it’s working because I can see a solar production screen in my Tesla app.

However, I don’t see the power flow or my home consumption. I did verify that a Powerblaster is installed and I can see it in my breaker panel. When I contacted Tesla initially about this issue, they told me to turn the PowerBlaster off then on and wait 24-48 hours for my app to change. Waited 48 hours and still nothing. I contacted them again and they put me on hold for about 15 minutes then mentioned that SDGE does not allow monitoring of power usage. This has to be false right? I don’t see this stated anywhere and SDGE’s website has a bunch of analytical data where you can see your power usage.

For those living in San Diego and using solar only, can you see home consumption and the power flow in your app?

I contacted them again and they put me on hold for about 15 minutes then mentioned that SDGE does not allow monitoring of power usage. This has to be false right? I don’t see this stated anywhere and SDGE’s website has a bunch of analytical data where you can see your power usage.
Yes, that is a BS answer. SDGE has no jurisdiction over what you do behind the meter. I believe the PowerBlaster uses a CT clamp around your feed in wires after the meter.