Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego XPEL/Suntek install recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm waiting for the green light to order my Model 3. I'm thinking of getting the front bumper wrapped as it will be driving mostly freeway and the shape of the bumper has a decent amount of surface area. Any recommendations? I know about Elite already, but this isn't a $150k Porsche and they tend to cater to that demographic. While I enjoy doing my own paint correction and polishing, front bumpers always take a beating.

I'm waiting for the green light to order my Model 3. I'm thinking of getting the front bumper wrapped as it will be driving mostly freeway and the shape of the bumper has a decent amount of surface area. Any recommendations? I know about Elite already, but this isn't a $150k Porsche and they tend to cater to that demographic. While I enjoy doing my own paint correction and polishing, front bumpers always take a beating.

Hi NathanielHrnblwr. I definitely agree with the front bumper package. It's true we focus on quality first and foremost, but that doesn't mean we are the most expensive. In fact, we often see shops charging quite a bit more than us. We have actually been a huge advocate in the Tesla Community and have detailed over 400 Teslas. In regards to the Model 3, we have a very high value kit. We install PPF to the Front Bumper, Headlights & Foglights, Mirror Caps, Door Handles, Rear Impact zones behind the rear tires, and a luggage strip on top of the Rear Bumper all for $850. We do often suggest adding the Rocker Panels under the doors as the front tires throw a lot of rocks at that panel. We charge $500 for the two as a total price. Lastly, I just wanted to throw it out there that we do sell a variety of quality detailing products and would be more than happy to help you out with your polishing and protection needs. We love helping enthusiasts in whatever way we can. Let us know if we can answer any of your questions. - Wes

Last edited:
Reactions: TintDepot.com
Front bumper is a must on these cars! We have done about 12 of the model 3 cars.

I would definitely use Suntek over Xpel. The grainy/hazy look of xpel is more noticeable on darker colors, but overall, suntek is more optically clear and glossier. We recently showed a client the new Xpel ultimate plus he wanted us to use vs suntek ultra we wanted to use. holding them side by side, it was tough to see. But applying a 1x1 foot square of each, he asked us to install the suntek and send the roll of Xpel back. I don't know what it is with Xpel, but their film has never looked all that great over the years.

There is also the new 3m pro series v4 that is out now. Its glossy and overall same thickness as the rest, not as clear as suntek, but not as bad as xpel. The option to buy a warranty for the first 5 years (out of the 10 year warranty) that warrants against paint damage and will fix/replace up to 3500 in damages is pretty amazing. We are taking that on now as people are starting to hold onto cars longer, so more and more people are interested in it

Reactions: TintDepot.com
D'elegance Detailing Home did mine and I am super happy with it. They aren't cheap either. They also install all the major PPF brands. Another thing to mention is make sure you figure out if you want a custom cut or a precut installation.

Last edited:
When it comes to clear bra there are many great choices now for both films and installers. Nowhere is that more true than in San Diego County. 5 Point Auto Spa is located in Kearny Mesa in central San Diego and in Carlsbad. These days it seems like there's never a day that we're not working on some Teslas. We put together a simple video explaining the different types of clear bra installations that we offer. We focus on delivering exactly what the customer wants as affordably as possible.
Learn more about us at
5pointautospa.com
Our Yelp.com Site

I had both my Model S and my wife's Mini Countryman serviced at Elite. It is most definitely not true that they only cater to the $150K Porsche demographic. They treat you very well, their prices are reasonable, and they do a fantastic job no matter what car you are driving. I've seen plenty of Model 3s there, as well as Miatas, BMW 3s, Mini's, and other sub $50K cars being worked on there. Wes is a fantastic guy - don't let a mis-perception of their clientele prevent you from going there.