Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Francisco Auto Show needs your Model X!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Model X owners in NorCal.
The SF Int'l Auto Show is happening Thanksgiving weekend this year at Moscone Center, SF. They have asked me to help them get some privately owned Teslas for static display. They will be in a separate room behind a rope barrier. So safe from the visitors' fingerprints!

As a result of the posting on Silicon Valley TMC forum, they have Model Ss and 3s.

But they are in need of Model Xs and Roadsters. I know it is a bit much to be without one's Tesla for 5 days. But some have other cars to drive for the benefits of participation.

Anyway, would you be interested in displaying your Model X? Also do you know other Model X and Roadster owners that might be interested?

I think this is a huge opportunity to promote EVs and Tesla to the general public. A good plug for TMC too. Free tickets, pre-show party, etc. Lots of benefits listed below.

I have pasted in the info from the Auto Show for your reference. Respond here or message me. Appreciate your participation.

Thanks,
Tom Melka
@Blu Zap TMC
[email protected]

Here's from the Auto Show:

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the San Francisco International Auto Show, so I'll go ahead and give you a some info and would be happy to provide any more if I miss anything you have questions about. This year will mark our 61st annual event. Over the the past 60 years the event has grown to be one of the largest and most prestigious manufacturer Auto Shows in the country and is the only show in Northern California that attracts the top displays from the world’s major automakers. Every year we put together a few special displays showcasing various cars seperate from what the manufacturers display. In the past this has including displays from Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, Corvette, Mustang, and others. This year we would like one of our openings to go to a group of privately owned Tesla owners.
The 61st Annual San Francisco International Auto Show, which is held San Francisco's Moscone Center, will be opening Wednesday, November 21 and concluding on Sunday, November 25, 2018. Additionally, there will be a VIP/Media invite only preview party the evening of November 20th. Vehicles must be in place no later than midday on November 20th and can be picked up beginning as soon as the show concludes on the evening of November 25th. Should delivery before midday on November 20th not be possible delivery on November 19th can also be scheduled. In terms of pickup, should the evening of November 20th not be be possible pickup can be made the the following day, November 21st, until midday. Cars must remain in the display for the entirety of the display, which I understand can be problematic for many who rely on their cars for their daily transportation.

Our hope is to put together a display 4 to 8 privately owned Tesla's at this years show. We hope to have at least one of the Tesla S, Tesla X, and Model 3, but I think the ideal display would consist of 2 S', 2 X's, 2 3's, and possibly even a first generation Roadster if we can track one down. Unlike the displays from the manufacturers this display will stanchioned off from the attendees of the show to protect the cars. Owner's are not required to be present during the show.
Participants will receive a packet consisting of complimentary tickets to the event as well as an invitation that will allow them and a guest to attend the VIP/Media preview party the evening of November 20th. The preview party gives a small guest list of attendees the first look at this years show and includes some complimentary food and drinks.

• Funny
Reactions: NotATroll