TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

San Francisco Bay Area - Major road paving plans starting now

Discussion in 'California' started by SMAlset, Aug 4, 2019.

1. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  2. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Member

My favorite is that they are using our tax money to convert the left/HOV lane into a paid express lane for all.

Another tax scam by our politicians.

3. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

#3 jboy210, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    Is that bad for us EV drivers? Fastrak lanes are free for EVs.

And they have added Fastrak lanes where we never had express lanes before. Like on 680 over the Sunol grade and points south.

4. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Member

Yes, because they aren't adding Fastrak lanes, they are adding express lanes. The plan is that HOV stickered cars will get a discount somehow.

5. jboy210

They are definitely adding FakTrak on 680 from Dublin in to the Valley and back. It connects up with the existing FasTrak segments running to the Altamont pass on 580 and 680 into Concord.

6. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Express lanes are still free for HOV users with the FasTrack flex tag, I leave mine on 3+ all the time and haven't been charged anywhere in the Bay Area...

Jeff

• Informative x 1
  7. jboy210

I also use the 3+ setting.

The only thing I get charged for is crossing bridges. And to skip waiting in the 30 car deep lines at the toll plaza I would gladly pay more than the $4 fee they charge me.