Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Francisco Bay Area - SFTesla Club Meet Up - Sat, June 15th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, all Tesla owners and club members are invited--please join us for the SFTesla Club meet at Mt. Diablo State Park on Saturday, June 15th to meet fellow Bay Area Tesla owners. Send me a DM and email me at [email protected] if you wish to attend. :)

On our other events we've reserved tables at restaurants, this time we will try something different and bring food to the event. (Please coordinate with me on what you'd like to bring) We will cook food at the picnic tables and then drive to the top of the mountain to take pictures. There are multiple tables and picnic areas at the park. For those of you not familiar with Mt. Diablo State Park, it is the giant mountain top you can see from almost any location in the Bay Area and it is located in the East Bay, next to Walnut Creek and extends into the San Ramon Valley by Danville. There are 2 entrances to the park, one in Walnut Creek and the other in Danville. I recommend the Walnut Creek entrance "the North Gate" from there it's roughly 6 miles to the picnic area. Parts of the roads can be narrow and curvy. Advise caution when driving here. Entrance fee is $10 paid to the park.

The mountain top is the second highest elevation in the Bay Area next to Mt Hamilton. We will be mid-way to the top there at a picnic table with parking for at least 30-40 cars. Because of the popularity of this park and the weather being nice lately, we will need people to come as early as possible. There are also countless amounts of hiking trails there if you want to explore.

Weather is expected to be sunny about 79 degrees during the day.

Please email me [email protected] or DM me for additional details.

Hope to see all of you.

Thanks, more details to come as I update this thread in the following days.

Cheers,

Rich

summit-1024x683.jpg
wAeQDjQ.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, thanks to the organizers. I had been meaning to visit Mt. Diablo for quite a while, and this turned out to be a great chance to meet up with some fellow Tesla owners on a day that turned out to have really nice weather for us.

diablo2.png

After Mt. Diablo, I went over to Mt. Hamilton via Mines Rd which had no traffic and was a really great drive.

mines1.png

mines2.png

Note, Mines Rd is really rural with no services, and some narrow (almost one lane) sections, so use care if ever considering that route.

Such a classic Northern California landscape with rolling dry grass hills and oak trees.
mines3.png

Thanks to Tesla for making a car that can eat up these roads and make it such a pleasure to do a drive like this. Massive range and plentiful superchargers in the area make it so easy to do these kind of trips.

Last edited:
Thank you to all that came yesterday! It turned out to be a picture perfect day at the top of the mountain. It was a terrific EVent. I'm also glad that many who had not had the opportunity to visit Mt. Diablo did so yesterday. Being around fellow Tesla owners is something special. Wear those new SF Tesla Club t-shirts every chance you get! Tell people about Tesla, encourage others to reduce toxic pollution and invite them to join us.

If you missed out on this, we will do another EVent soon. Send me an email at [email protected] to stay on our mailing list.

Saturday, June 15th, 2019 - SF Tesla Club - Mt. Diablo State Park EVent

At the Concord Supercharger
IMG_5596.jpg

We are so high right now
IMG_1350.jpg

Blessed by the presence of two amazing roadsters!
IMG_2312.jpg

Beautiful day
IMG_5597.jpg

The squad meeting in the parking lot
IMG_5598.jpg

Nice
IMG_5601.jpg

Our picnic area
IMG_5604.jpg

Prep time
IMG_5605.jpg

Socialize