Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Francisco-Bay Area Tesla Meet Up in San Francisco

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone! Hope everybody is doing good.

Would you guys be interested in doing a drive down the coast HWY 1 (we meet in San Jose area) to Carmel/Pebble Beach (Carmel-by-the-Sea, 17 Mile Drive)? We would go down via 17, then the 1, do the 17 mile drive and take the 101 back and hit the Gilroy SC.

We can flesh out more details like where to stop, eat, take photos, etc along the way. Let me know if this is a good idea and works.

Rich

PS.
upload_2018-4-10_16-40-36.png

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
I’d be interested to depending on date. First reasonably long drive in my new M3 was from Menlo Park down to Monterey. We went over 17 to Monterey on the way down and then back up 1 to San Gregorio then over the hill via La Honda to home. It was a blast to get experience with the handling of the M3 in a variety of road types. I find I’m looking for any excuse to go for a drive!

Hi hope everyone is having a good weekend, @bmah, @Blu Zap, @thecloud, @VBruce, @tontod I think the best thing to do is figure out what works for the majority. I'll suggest a few dates:

Sunday April 29
Saturday May 5
Sunday May 6
Sunday May 20

Then once final it can be posted on a new thread and we can try to pick up more people.

Let me know!:)

Btw, I went to the Tesla Factory in Fremont last week on Tuesday (missed seeing Elon and Gayle King they filmed in the factory on Wednesday) place was just amazing. Overwhelming is a good word to describe it. My eyes were trying to see every thing I could see. I'm sure most if not all of you have been there a few times already. That tram we ride around in there is sweet. So much going on in there I can only describe it as a city within a city. I told the lady who gave the tour that I'm surprised that Tesla is even doing this. They don't let you take pics or videos for sure but you get to see their process and how they put it all together. Also the fact that place was so busy and we were sometimes in their way. I'm sure that annoys the workers. I ended it by saying that tour is perhaps the best thing you can experience next to owning a Tesla. I don't think it will last. I don't think they will continue to do tours in the future when they get bigger. I left that last part of our conversation out but I think from the nod I got she understood what I meant. Anyhow, just wanted to say that.

Hi hope everyone is having a good weekend, @bmah, @Blu Zap, @thecloud, @VBruce, @tontod I think the best thing to do is figure out what works for the majority. I'll suggest a few dates:

Sunday April 29
Saturday May 5
Sunday May 6
Sunday May 20

Then once final it can be posted on a new thread and we can try to pick up more people.

Btw, I went to the Tesla Factory in Fremont last week on Tuesday (missed seeing Elon and Gayle King they filmed in the factory on Wednesday) place was just amazing. Overwhelming is a good word to describe it. My eyes were trying to see every thing I could see. I'm sure most if not all of you have been there a few times already. That tram we ride around in there is sweet. So much going on in there I can only describe it as a city within a city. I told the lady who gave the tour that I'm surprised that Tesla is even doing this. They don't let you take pics or videos for sure but you get to see their process and how they put it all together. Also the fact that place was so busy and we were sometimes in their way. I'm sure that annoys the workers. I ended it by saying that tour is perhaps the best thing you can experience next to owning a Tesla. I don't think it will last. I don't think they will continue to do tours in the future when they get bigger. I left that last part of our conversation out but I think from the nod I got she understood what I meant. Anyhow, just wanted to say that.

Did you get to see the Model 3 production line? When I went almost a year ago, anything to do with the Model 3 was hush-hush. Once my year is up, I might go on another tour.

About meeting up, I'm busy the next few weeks, so the earliest that would work for me is May 20.

Let's see. I think in theory I can do any of the above dates, although the sooner we decide on a date, the better.

I might want to return to the Bay Area via Salinas, which which isn't yet on my "Superchargers Visited" list. :-D

Thanks for organizing!

Bruce.

Sunday April 29
Saturday May 5
Sunday May 6
Sunday May 20

I was just saying to my husband today that we missed out in taking the tour during our first year of ownership and that we should try to do something soon as like you said the tours could stop at some point and I really would love to go on one. Glad to hear how much you enjoyed it.

As for the San Jose to Pebble Beach meetup, my guess is that Saturdays can be slow going at time with everyone heading to the coast going southbound. Sunday's would be slow going late in the afternoon heading northbound.

Not sure April 29 is a good date since the Big Sur International Marathon is that date. Monterey Events | Things to Do in Monterey Bay

I'll be going. Anyone else? Tesla reached out to Eli and has even helped get food trucks for the event at Kettleman
Won't be making that event. We were just at Kettleman. Also a very expensive meet-up. So not a preferred type of event. One day events seem to garner a larger interest. I am very interested to see how this goes for Eli. He is putting a lot in to making it happen. Glad to hear Tesla is supporting it with Food Trucks at the KC SuC.

Did you get to see the Model 3 production line? When I went almost a year ago, anything to do with the Model 3 was hush-hush. Once my year is up, I might go on another tour.

About meeting up, I'm busy the next few weeks, so the earliest that would work for me is May 20.

Yes @tontod I saw the Model 3 production line. They were cranking them out fast. I saw little robots on tracks moving around like it was Star Wars. That place is really amazing. I'd like to go back for sure, and oh sorry for the delay in my response.

OK. I can do Sunday May 20. I can't do the weekend after which is 26 & 27.

Since the month of April is quickly coming to a close, should we take a vote on what dates will work for everyone?

I am good except for May 6, May 26-27. As for if we should do the tour on a Saturday or a Sunday, I just figured Sunday might be better, but I'm amendable to doing this on a Saturday if that works for the majority of the people here.

So. Here's what I see thus far:

@Blu Zap is good April 29, or May 6.
@tontod is good May 20 or after May 20
@bmah is good any day except May 20 (I'm assuming you are good after May 20)

How about you guys? @thecloud, @SMAlset, @3VOLUTN, @VBruce, @dmode, @chibi_kurochan

Since the month of April is quickly coming to a close, should we take a vote on what dates will work for everyone?

I am good except for May 6, May 26-27. As for if we should do the tour on a Saturday or a Sunday, I just figured Sunday might be better, but I'm amendable to doing this on a Saturday if that works for the majority of the people here.

So. Here's what I see thus far:

@Blu Zap is good April 29, or May 6.
@tontod is good May 20 or after May 20
@bmah is good any day except May 20 (I'm assuming you are good after May 20)

How about you guys? @thecloud, @SMAlset, @3VOLUTN, @VBruce, @dmode, @chibi_kurochan
It looks like I can do May 6th, May 19th-20th, or May 26-27th.
How does Saturday the 19th sound as a possibility?