TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

San Francisco Store & Service Center

Discussion in 'California' started by MarcG, Feb 22, 2016.

1. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Last time I was at the Burlingame service center, my service advisor mentioned that Tesla is in the process of setting up a store and service center in San Francisco proper.

Does anyone have more information on the exact location (assuming somewhere on Van Ness given the job postings) and timing?

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 9.29.25 PM.png

2. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

Van Ness makes a lot of sense since there are a lot of car dealers there already (and likely a few recently closed ones they can use as a spot).

3. jaanton

jaanton Roadster NA #1026

This has so much potential!

S.F. is turning into the next Manhattan. I was thinking that some of those old dealers had inventory space which must be expensive. But, consider a Tesla Store which also rents/leases spaces and provides valet charging. Leave your Model S at the store maybe they valet it to your door when you need it. That's living!

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I also recently was told by a Tesla employee there that a San Francisco service center (and I assume a showroom) was going to happen this year, but no other details.

The Burlingame Service Center seems overwhelmed with work. I hope the San Francisco location opens soon, it is certainly needed.

5. JustinA1

JustinA1 Member

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Excellent! Justin, thanks for the update.

7. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Just got an email invitation to the grand opening next Tuesday, August 9th. Finally!

• Like x 2
  8. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Hope so! Was by there last Saturday and the building still had scaffolding around it.

9. JPP

JPP Active Member

Got my invite to the Grand Opening too. It states that this will be the largest combo sales and service center in the USA. Doubt it will have charging, as entry to the upper floors is from a roll up door on a side street.

• Informative x 1
  10. JustinA1

JustinA1 Member

Looks like it opens to the public this Saturday?

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/blog/real-estate/2016/08/tesla-to-open-first-san-francisco-showroom.html

Curious to hear what those invited to the event have to say about it.

It would make sense as a supercharger location given that strip of Van Ness is basically 101 (connecting the Peninsula to the GGB/North Bay). There is a big parking lot on the roof with a bunch of solar panels (though likely put in by the previous owner), perhaps there will be public access?

Google Maps 3D of the Roof:

[​IMG]

11. Wanabee

Wanabee Member

I plan to attend the opening tonight, and I will post any information they tell us about SuperChargers.

12. JustinA1

JustinA1 Member

Super jealous of those of you who got invited... they're setting up for quite a party in there (Full on Stage + DJ setup). So far, only a refreshed Model S in the showroom but this place is big, and the service area is huge too.

Some shots of the signage:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

How did it go last night? I had plans to attend but got busy..

14. JPP

JPP Active Member

I was at the opening...well attended (200-300 of your closest friends). Heard from VP and President of Sales. Glad to see Jerome Guillen in the audience.

The paint is still drying--and PG&E is jerking TM around on utility upgrades to power a bunch of HPWCs for the facility.

Apparently the delay in opening a SF facility was finding the right facility and location that is zoned for auto sales and service. Turns out that the old original Chevrolet location became available. Really nice building and in a prime location. Updated for the full TM trade dress--clean, modern.

Ground floor will be a spectacular showroom--much of the space and grandeur of the original Chevrolet dealership.
    2nd floor is actually the service entrance & exit (from Ellis & O'Farrell) plus will be a new/CPO delivery center.
    3rd floor (up a ramp) to service.
    Roof deck-parking.
    No Supercharging or 'public' charging.

The sales staff is all in place--actual opening for sales on Friday.
    Some staff have been 'stolen' from other Bay Area locations, especially those who actually live in SF and now commute (some as far as Palo Alto).
    Service center opening will be delayed a bit.

Will be a real plus to offload much of the SF owners' service needs from the overburdened SF Area locations.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Awesome, thanks for the update! I was really hoping the service center piece would be operational by now, any idea how much longer they'll need to start taking appointments?

16. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Glad to see that, after years of traditional auto dealerships abandoning San Francisco's historic "Auto Row", the car company of the future has moved in.

Is the rooftop parking available to prospective customers as well Tesla owners bringing their cars in for service? Otherwise, parking will be a bit difficult in the neighborhood.

17. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

18. preilly44

preilly44 Member

I walked by there today. There is a sign on the door saying the showroom opens at 9am on Friday, 8/12. I was hoping they would have a Model 3 prototype in the showroom for the grand opening but they "only" had 3 X's and 2 S's. Looks like a great place!

19. JPP

JPP Active Member

No word on how they will allocate/use the parking (prospective customers, guests, employees, CPOs, inventory, service-in-progress).

20. JPP

JPP Active Member

No additional info on when Service will go live. Not sure if it in any way relates to the PG&E issue.