Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Francisco Store & Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was hoping they would have a Model 3 prototype in the showroom for the grand opening but they "only" had 3 X's and 2 S's.
Wouldn't that be something! I know they can't spare taking the two working prototypes out of commission at this time, but maybe placing the red "decoy" in the new flagship store temporarily during grand opening week would generate a lot of buzz and foot traffic. Tesla events and announcements get quite a bit of coverage in the local media.

Last edited:
Wouldn't that be something! I know they can't take the two working prototypes out of commission at this time, but maybe placing the red "decoy" in the new flagship store temporarily during grand opening week would generate a lot of buzz and foot traffic. Tesla events and announcements get quite a bit of coverage in the local media.

Local media came to the SF opening...and are now gone. I really doubt having a Model 3 mule to photograph would drag them back.

I took a friend with me to see the store the other day. A young lady told us about the Model S and X, and told us about the status of the building. Apparently, the 3rd floor and roof still belong to Bentley Motors Ltd until they can find space to store their equipment. So, no service until Bentley vacates. I would not expect to see a Model 3 until after the official debut of the final production models. We did not ask her about PG & E delays.

Apparently, Tesla's largest store:
Tesla opened its new flagship store in San Francisco yesterday. The new location became the automaker's biggest store and service center in North America, with 65,000 sq-ft of space, ~20,000 sq-ft bigger than the Montreal store,

Tesla opens its biggest store and service center in North America, 65,000 sq-ft flagship store in San Francisco

I just visited the beautiful flagship San Francisco showroom, so it was the occasion to seat for the first time inside a Model X.

- The sales person told me to look at the Model X panoramic windshield.

- Well, it was in the middle of a sunny day but the showroom ceiling was dark.
So I was not able to appreciate the roof curb of the Model X windshield.
For me, from inside the Model X, the windshield did look like a regular windshield.

Would it be possible to paint the ceiling in a sky blue color, with may be some little clouds, and put some light toward it?
The ceiling lights don't need to be flashy bright, but just enough so you can see the ceiling when sitting in the front seat.

Also the two little front doors of the building entrance look a little bit difficult to open and a little old.
Don't stores should have automatic skidding doors, which are also ADA compliant?

Just a though.

Note: I mention the ADA issue as I was planning to show the Model X to my folks,
who use walkers and wheelchairs to move around.
The model X would be a great replacement to the van that I have to use when traveling with my folks.

Note: It was great to be able to compare the two Model X versions, the one with 6 seats against the one with 7 seats.
I personally like better the 6 seats which provides more legs room for the two rear back seats.
About the 7 seats, the rear back seats are really for two kids or only one adult.

Last edited:
Finally had a chance to stop by the store/SC as I had to drop off my car for service today.

Here are a few photos of the store, still looks pretty bare compared to other ones I've been to:

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

• Love
Reactions: McManX