Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Francisco Store & Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MarcG

Oct 29, 2014
San Francisco
Last time I was at the Burlingame service center, my service advisor mentioned that Tesla is in the process of setting up a store and service center in San Francisco proper.

Does anyone have more information on the exact location (assuming somewhere on Van Ness given the job postings) and timing?

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 9.29.25 PM.png

Last time I was at the Burlingame service center, my service advisor mentioned that Tesla is in the process of setting up a store and service center in San Francisco proper.

Does anyone have more information on the exact location (assuming somewhere on Van Ness given the job postings) and timing?

View attachment 112333
Van Ness makes a lot of sense since there are a lot of car dealers there already (and likely a few recently closed ones they can use as a spot).

This has so much potential!

S.F. is turning into the next Manhattan. I was thinking that some of those old dealers had inventory space which must be expensive. But, consider a Tesla Store which also rents/leases spaces and provides valet charging. Leave your Model S at the store maybe they valet it to your door when you need it. That's living!

I also recently was told by a Tesla employee there that a San Francisco service center (and I assume a showroom) was going to happen this year, but no other details.

The Burlingame Service Center seems overwhelmed with work. I hope the San Francisco location opens soon, it is certainly needed.

Looks like it opens to the public this Saturday?

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...sla-to-open-first-san-francisco-showroom.html

Curious to hear what those invited to the event have to say about it.

Got my invite to the Grand Opening too. It states that this will be the largest combo sales and service center in the USA. Doubt it will have charging, as entry to the upper floors is from a roll up door on a side street.

It would make sense as a supercharger location given that strip of Van Ness is basically 101 (connecting the Peninsula to the GGB/North Bay). There is a big parking lot on the roof with a bunch of solar panels (though likely put in by the previous owner), perhaps there will be public access?

Google Maps 3D of the Roof:

mxDIP8x.jpg

Super jealous of those of you who got invited... they're setting up for quite a party in there (Full on Stage + DJ setup). So far, only a refreshed Model S in the showroom but this place is big, and the service area is huge too.

Some shots of the signage:

y6DQmtu.jpg

SegW5Su.jpg

How did it go last night? I had plans to attend but got busy..

I was at the opening...well attended (200-300 of your closest friends). Heard from VP and President of Sales. Glad to see Jerome Guillen in the audience.

The paint is still drying--and PG&E is jerking TM around on utility upgrades to power a bunch of HPWCs for the facility.

Apparently the delay in opening a SF facility was finding the right facility and location that is zoned for auto sales and service. Turns out that the old original Chevrolet location became available. Really nice building and in a prime location. Updated for the full TM trade dress--clean, modern.

Ground floor will be a spectacular showroom--much of the space and grandeur of the original Chevrolet dealership.
2nd floor is actually the service entrance & exit (from Ellis & O'Farrell) plus will be a new/CPO delivery center.
3rd floor (up a ramp) to service.
Roof deck-parking.
No Supercharging or 'public' charging.

The sales staff is all in place--actual opening for sales on Friday.
Some staff have been 'stolen' from other Bay Area locations, especially those who actually live in SF and now commute (some as far as Palo Alto).
Service center opening will be delayed a bit.

Will be a real plus to offload much of the SF owners' service needs from the overburdened SF Area locations.

• Informative
Reactions: Joelc and bmah
Glad to see that, after years of traditional auto dealerships abandoning San Francisco's historic "Auto Row", the car company of the future has moved in.

Is the rooftop parking available to prospective customers as well Tesla owners bringing their cars in for service? Otherwise, parking will be a bit difficult in the neighborhood.

Glad to see that, after years of traditional auto dealerships abandoning San Francisco's historic "Auto Row", the car company of the future has moved in.

Is the rooftop parking available to prospective customers as well Tesla owners bringing their cars in for service? Otherwise, parking will be a bit difficult in the neighborhood.

No word on how they will allocate/use the parking (prospective customers, guests, employees, CPOs, inventory, service-in-progress).