Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Francisco Tesla Club Meet #2 - Saturday, June 16 - Pebble Beach - 17 Mile Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Friends, :) fellow Tesla owners, the San Francisco Tesla Club will have a meet & drive down the coast to the scenic 17 Mile Drive in Pebble Beach on Saturday, June 16th. Anyone with a Tesla is welcome to join us and please sign up here with your username and post "x" under Saturday, June 16th :

Doodle: The SF Tesla Club Event

Please read the directions below:

We will meet in Sunnyvale at the West Mc Kinley Avenue Tesla supercharger (sc) at 9 AM. See photo below it's inside the Target parking lot. There are 10 sc's there. We will then charge up, shake hands, hug, snap some photos and get ready for our drive down the coast. Probably in that order.

By about 12 noon we anticipate stopping for lunch at an Italian restaurant (it will have vegetarian options & gluten free options) and then onto 17 Mile Drive. I will update this thread with the name of the restaurant shortly once I confirm that they can accommodate our group.

An FYI--The entrance fee at 17 Mile Drive is $10.25

For those of you uninitiated with 17 Mile Drive, it is a spectacular drive filled with beautiful coastal scenery and wildlife. It is in Pebble Beach home to the great Pebble Beach golf course. We will likely take lots of photos here and maybe chill at the Inn at the Spanish Bay.

On the way back, we can stop by the Salinas sc. Located at Harden Ranch Plaza, there are 14 sc there. (see below)

Looking forward to seeing you there. Post any questions below or you can DM me.

Rich

Attachments

• Tour Map.JPG
    Tour Map.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 87
  • salinas.JPG
    salinas.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 57
  • sunnyvale.JPG
    sunnyvale.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 17b.jpg
    17b.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 63
Update on the restaurant:

IL Vecchio
110 Central Ave, Pacific Grove, CA 93950

Home (menu also attached)

I spoke w/the manager. They will accommodate our group with a private room seating up to 34. They got a 4 out of 5 star rating on Yelp with 888 reviews, they got 4.5 out of 5 stars on Trip Advisor with 643 reviews. Prices are very affordable. Lunch should cost an estimated $20-30 per person (if no alcohol). Bring cash. They will not do separate checks (most places won't). You can pay according to what you ordered based on the receipt.

We will need to be there by 12 PM.

We will meet in Sunnyvale at the West Mc Kinley Avenue Tesla supercharger (sc) at 10 AM

Which means we need to change our meeting time from 10 AM to 9 AM.

Everyone please note. We will meet in Sunnyvale at the West Mc Kinley Avenue Tesla supercharger (sc) at 9 AM.

Attachments

• Menu.JPG
    Menu.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Informative
Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Hi Friends, :) fellow Tesla owners, the San Francisco Tesla Club will have a meet & drive down the coast to the scenic 17 Mile Drive in Pebble Beach on Saturday, June 16th. Anyone with a Tesla is welcome to join us and please sign up here with your username and post "x" under Saturday, June 16th :

Doodle: The SF Tesla Club Event

Please read the directions below:

We will meet in Sunnyvale at the West Mc Kinley Avenue Tesla supercharger (sc) at 9 AM. See photo below it's inside the Target parking lot. There are 10 sc's there. We will then charge up, shake hands, hug, snap some photos and get ready for our drive down the coast. Probably in that order.

By about 12 noon we anticipate stopping for lunch at an Italian restaurant (it will have vegetarian options & gluten free options) and then onto 17 Mile Drive. I will update this thread with the name of the restaurant shortly once I confirm that they can accommodate our group.

An FYI--The entrance fee at 17 Mile Drive is $10.25

For those of you uninitiated with 17 Mile Drive, it is a spectacular drive filled with beautiful coastal scenery and wildlife. It is in Pebble Beach home to the great Pebble Beach golf course. We will likely take lots of photos here and maybe chill at the Inn at the Spanish Bay.

On the way back, we can stop by the Salinas sc. Located at Harden Ranch Plaza, there are 14 sc there. (see below)

Looking forward to seeing you there. Post any questions below or you can DM me.

Rich

Rich, thanks for posting the info. BTW not sure what's going on with the attachments on your post but despite seeing 6 small thumbnails, only 2 are ever accessible and really viewable for me when I click on them. It looks like I can arrow through them but as soon as I try only two are available.

The only 2 images I can see are the Target garage and the scenic Hwy 1 bridge view. No map, no Salinas supercharger photo, no 17 mile drive brochure. And in your subsequent post with the restaurant menu, that doesn't appear either. Happens regardless of whether I am logged in or not, and same on both my laptop and phone. Maybe has to do with how you attached photos or from where they were attached? Suggest that you upload them to another post here instead of attaching them.

The link to the restaurant works so can see the menu there so not a biggie. Looks like a great place to stop. Thanks so much for doing all the leg work setting this up. Due to our location, we'll likely just meet the group at the restaurant and join up at that point. Wanted to mention so no one is waiting for us in Sunnyvale.

Last edited:
@mainecoon, Not familiar with Doodle other than adding my name and checking a food choice but wondering if you as originator can change what's up there without losing info.

Now that we have the date set thinking it would be nice to loose the other dates and thinking it might be nice for restaurant reservation plans (you said max 34?) to know how many people per member listed on the Doodle form will be in their party. Also I'd add the restaurant name and address to the form if you can. Under my name we will be party of 2.

I'm assuming that everyone signed up will be eating at the restaurant and not just meeting up there for the car caravan through Pebble Beach, but I know with our group meetup at Kettleman not everyone ate at Harris Ranch.

Just had another thought since we won't be joining the group until the restaurant (and assume others members in the general area of Pebble Beach would be doing the same), what time shall we say to meet at the restaurant? Might add that to Doodle as well.

Last edited:
Rich, thanks for posting the info. BTW not sure what's going on with the attachments on your post but despite seeing 6 small thumbnails, only 2 are ever accessible and really viewable for me when I click on them. It looks like I can arrow through them but as soon as I try only two are available.

The only 2 images I can see are the Target garage and the scenic Hwy 1 bridge view. No map, no Salinas supercharger photo, no 17 mile drive brochure. And in your subsequent post with the restaurant menu, that doesn't appear either. Happens regardless of whether I am logged in or not, and same on both my laptop and phone. Maybe has to do with how you attached photos or from where they were attached? Suggest that you upload them to another post here instead of attaching them.

There's some kind of glitch on TMC right now, where some images don't work...I remember viewing all of the pictures from Rich's post, earlier. At least one of the site admins is aware of this problem (which has been seen in multiple postings). Supposedly this problem is fixable but I don't know details.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple weeks!

Bruce.

Now that we have the date set thinking it would be nice to loose the other dates and thinking it might be nice for restaurant reservation plans (you said max 34?) to know how many people per member listed on the Doodle form will be in their party. Also I'd add the restaurant name and address to the form if you can. Under my name we will be party of 2.
Good point @SMAlset . It now looks like my car will be a party of 4 as more family members will be coming along for the ride. Maybe we need a head count for lunch in case we exceed the limit of 34? :eek:

More heads up on the 17-Mile Drive...

Admission to 17-Mile Drive is $10.25 per vehicle, cash only. The gate fee is reimbursed with a purchase of $35 or more at all Pebble Beach Resorts restaurants, excluding Pebble Beach Market. Admission is complimentary for overnight guests of The Lodge at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero.

[Sorry for the double post - just want to make sure this gets to people's inboxes that have subscribed to this thread...]

Hey Everyone:

Just wanted to get a final count on attendance for this Saturday. I am assuming we will have more than 1 person per car in some cases. I called over to the restaurant to be sure they can accommodate us. They can do 34 people in a private room but after my conversation with the restaurant, it appears they can add more. If everyone can just send me a note with the number in their party that would be good. :)

OK, with that out of the way, much of what I wrote below is just rehashing my original May 22 post but please review it as a reminder:

We will meet in Sunnyvale at the West Mc Kinley Avenue Tesla supercharger (sc) at 9 AM. (This was also edited on my original post from May 22 above.) This is will give everyone enough time to charge up. I am hoping that traffic conditions on HWY 17 will be favorable, I don't expect it to, but if it's too crowded by the time we leave, I will leave 101 as an option for us.

Please bring cash. The restaurant (IL Vecchio), like most places these days don't enjoy doing separate checks for large groups. Lunch should cost an estimated $20-30 per person (if no alcohol and before a tip). You will pay according to what you(r) party ordered and add a tip. You will also need $10.25 in cash for the entrance fee at 17 Mile Drive.

Here's the address again:

IL Vecchio
110 Central Ave, Pacific Grove, CA 93950​

The restaurant also tells me that there is a parking lot in the Tourist Information Center which is right next door to the restaurant. If that's full, there is also of course street parking and a few other parking lots in the area.

Weather down in the Monterey Peninsula looks like 60-65 degrees for Saturday--sunny to partly cloudy.

Optional: For those of you that are interested, there is a The Bench, an outdoor eatery with a fire pit overlooking the 18th hole at Pebble Beach and the ocean. They serve snacks and drinks from 4pm to 5:30pm. I believe there is a free parking lot across the street from the place..and they will reimburse the $10.25 entrance fee from your bill, but I think you need to spend at least $35.

There's also The Terrace Lounge at Pebble Beach, just as nice and serving shared plates, fruit/cheese plates, etc..coffee & drinks.

On the way back, the plan is to stop by the Salinas supercharger. Located at Harden Ranch Plaza, they have 14 sc's there.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. If not, I'll see everyone on Saturday.

Drive safely and enjoy! :)

Rich

FYI - follow & tag your Tesla photos online on Instagram @sfteslaclub
banner.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Blu Zap and apkom