Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Francisco Tesla Club Meet #2 - Saturday, June 16 - Pebble Beach - 17 Mile Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drat! I'm flying out of town Saturday. Gonna miss the Model 3 Owners Club meetup at the Concord Supercharger on Sunday too. Really poor timing for a vacation! Somebody should give Ryan McCaffrey of Ride the Lightning podcat a lift. Last week he said one of his adventures in his P3D when he gets it will be 17 mile drive.

Thanks for the recap. I had a few questions:

1) Which end of the 17-Mile Drive do we plan to start at (clockwise/counterclockwise)?
2) What time should we depart and head for the Salinas Supercharger?
3) To confirm, the official disbanding location (final destination) would be the Salinas Supercharger?
4) Will we have an official stop along the 17-Mile Drive for some pictures of our whips lined up?

Thanks again for setting this up!

Hey Everyone:

Just wanted to get a final count on attendance for this Saturday. I am assuming we will have more than 1 person per car in some cases. I called over to the restaurant to be sure they can accommodate us. They can do 34 people in a private room but after my conversation with the restaurant, it appears they can add more. If everyone can just send me a note with the number in their party that would be good. :)

OK, with that out of the way, much of what I wrote below is just rehashing my original May 22 post but please review it as a reminder:

We will meet in Sunnyvale at the West Mc Kinley Avenue Tesla supercharger (sc) at 9 AM. (This was also edited on my original post from May 22 above.) This is will give everyone enough time to charge up. I am hoping that traffic conditions on HWY 17 will be favorable, I don't expect it to, but if it's too crowded by the time we leave, I will leave 101 as an option for us.

Please bring cash. The restaurant (IL Vecchio), like most places these days don't enjoy doing separate checks for large groups. Lunch should cost an estimated $20-30 per person (if no alcohol and before a tip). You will pay according to what you(r) party ordered and add a tip. You will also need $10.25 in cash for the entrance fee at 17 Mile Drive.

Here's the address again:

IL Vecchio
110 Central Ave, Pacific Grove, CA 93950​

The restaurant also tells me that there is a parking lot in the Tourist Information Center which is right next door to the restaurant. If that's full, there is also of course street parking and a few other parking lots in the area.

Weather down in the Monterey Peninsula looks like 60-65 degrees for Saturday--sunny to partly cloudy.

Optional: For those of you that are interested, there is a The Bench, an outdoor eatery with a fire pit overlooking the 18th hole at Pebble Beach and the ocean. They serve snacks and drinks from 4pm to 5:30pm. I believe there is a free parking lot across the street from the place..and they will reimburse the $10.25 entrance fee from your bill, but I think you need to spend at least $35.

There's also The Terrace Lounge at Pebble Beach, just as nice and serving shared plates, fruit/cheese plates, etc..coffee & drinks.

On the way back, the plan is to stop by the Salinas supercharger. Located at Harden Ranch Plaza, they have 14 sc's there.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. If not, I'll see everyone on Saturday.

Drive safely and enjoy! :)

Rich

FYI - follow & tag your Tesla photos online on Instagram @sfteslaclub
banner.jpg
Hi Rich,
Thank you for your hard work planning and getting this together!
Unfortunately we have a last minute stuff came up and we won't be able to make this tomorrow. :( (I have removed my name from the Doodle so you a proper headcount)
Hope you guys have a great day tomorrow and I'll be waiting to see the awesome pictures. :cool:

Have a great weekend all!

Cheers,
Eric

1) Which end of the 17-Mile Drive do we plan to start at (clockwise/counterclockwise)?
2) What time should we depart and head for the Salinas Supercharger?
3) To confirm, the official disbanding location (final destination) would be the Salinas Supercharger?
4) Will we have an official stop along the 17-Mile Drive for some pictures of our whips lined up?

1. We are going to the 17 Mile Drive gate from Pacific Grove. The restaurant is a few miles from the gate. For reference it's on the map I posted called "tour map", I drew out the plan with a black digital marker. It's the first post on this thread.

2. Plan is to be done around 4-5ish. However, if people want to hang out at the outdoor lounge/bar at Pebble Beach, that's an option that would add another hour. Rather than do another poll last minute, we can all discuss this in person tomorrow.

3. Yes, the Salinas sc located at Harden Ranch Plaza.

4. We will try to hit all these spots and get in many photos: Spanish Bay, Bird Rock, Fanshell Overlook, Cypress Point Lookout, Lone Cypress.

5. Everybody bring a jacket. I'm hoping the weather cooperates but you never know. Also, if you have binoculars, bring it you might see some sea otters.

Rich

Capture.JPG

Hated coming here to post that we unfortunately will have to be a no-show for tomorrow. I'll update the Doodle page. Had been looking forward to seeing some of the Kettleman City meetup group again, and meeting some new TMC owners. I even had a new Tesla jacket I picked up at the Factory during our tour to wear given it might be chilly by the ocean (very nice quality btw). Mainecoon thanks for organizing this. I'm sure the cavalcade of Teslas will be an impressive sight winding down through the coast and around Pebble Beach's 17-mile drive. Sorry to miss out on it. Drive safely. Great area for a meetup. Look forward to the group and scenic photos.

Just checking in to see how the day went. So sorry we couldn't make it. Looks like it turned out to be great weekend day to go to the coast with the ocean and blue sky so picture perfect against the sand. And nice representation of Teslas too. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Hey guys! I want to thank everyone who made it to the meet. You guys made this special. The weather came out right for us and it was a beautiful day in Pebble Beach. The purpose of these meet ups is to connect and create a social community of Tesla drivers. We are at the beginning of a movement that has not been seen before. It is through participation like ours that Tesla will continue to grow, improve and excel at what they do. I have some ideas for improvement on our next meet and look forward to putting something together again shortly. If you weren't able to make it this time, stay tuned and hope to have you on the next one.

PS. When that little kid by the beach saw all of us rolling out of the parking lot and yelled out "Wow look at all these Teslas in a row!!!" I couldn't help but to think of how cool that moment was. I remember when I was a young kid and every time I saw something special on the road it would leave an impression on me too.

Thanks again to all of you guys, you made this possible. More photos are on Instagram at @sfteslaclub

Photos I took are below and continued...

IMG_8235.jpg
IMG_8236.jpg
IMG_8237.jpg
IMG_8238.jpg
IMG_8239.jpg
IMG_8240.jpg
IMG_8241.jpg
IMG_8242.jpg
IMG_8244.jpg
IMG_8249.jpg

IMG_8235.jpg
IMG_8236.jpg