Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Francisco Tesla Club Meet #2 - Saturday, June 16 - Pebble Beach - 17 Mile Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
teslaback.png

Hoping the forum software is happy with images now...here are a few that hopefully aren't duplicates of what others have posted. I'm working on a little side project that started off as trying to get some dash cam footage into iMovie but kind of morphed into a big time sink...will post that if and when I get it done. For now...

IMG_2146.jpg

On the way to Pacific Grove...this was the first time we had all the cars together since about 200 yards away from the Sunnyvale Supercharger.

IMG_2148.jpg

Silver siblings!

IMG_2151.jpg

Just entered 17-Mile Drive and (once again) trying to regroup.

IMG_2152.jpg

I think this is a reverse angle on Whoomp there it is !!!

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

Two preceding pictures are my view of San Francisco Tesla Club Meet #2 - Saturday, June 16 - Pebble Beach - 17 Mile Drive.

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

My view from the middle of the 9-car lineup.

Bruce.

Here is my "dash cam footage in iMovie" project. As many projects go, it grew somewhat in scope from when I started. :)

Photos were used with permission from their creators.

Enjoy,

Bruce.

EDIT: And if someone could tell this YouTube n00b why it won't play embedded on the page, but it'll play if you view it from within YouTube, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
Bruce it's playing embedded here for me. Nice job and what a great way to recap the event.

Liked the old microphone background with the Goodman music.

Thanks! Wish you could have been there...we had a blast. It seems like there is some momentum going for meet-ups in the NorCal / SF Bay Area, so hope to see you at another event soon.

Bruce.

Hi Everyone, hope you guys are having a good summer. Are you guys interested in getting together soon for another ride? My original thought was the Napa Valley region and tour some wineries, however, it is unfortunate there's a huge fire up that way and even more for the people that live there. I've come up with a second thought.

A ride up the coast on 101 to Point Reyes Lighthouse and onto Bodega Bay. I believe the coast is clear (pun intended) from the heavy smoke in the interior areas and if we get lucky, and there's no fog that would be even better. :)

I'm thinking we meet at the Petaluma SC and then roll through one of the smaller roads like Tomales Rd so we don't need to backtrack down the 101.

Do you guys have time to meet for this end of summer drive towards the end of August or early September?

Interested in hearing everyone's thoughts, suggestions and then I'll post up a Doodle and a new thread.

Rich

I just drove through there on the way up to Mendocino and points further north.
I made a point to self to come back to that area and do another drive someday soon as it looks so nice and I didn't have time to do a lot of exploring.
I would like to drive through Mill Valley, and then take "The Panoramic Highway" around Mt.Tam and then over to Stinson beach. I think there may be some "hit or miss" depending on fog situationn. Late afternoon may be better.

Anyways, I would be interested in considering joining a meet-up in that area.

I'd be up for it, assuming timing works out, etc. Thanks for organizing again!

Note that National Drive Electric Week is September 8-16 and there are a few events happening in the Bay Area that people might want to go to.

Just a thought that if you start the new thread now (even with only a few details), more people would be likely to see it, instead of thinking we're just rehashing the Pebble Beach drive. Once details get finalized, a moderator can change the thread title.

Bruce.

Reactions: Blu Zap
Good thought, thanks Bruce. I'll post up a new thread inviting everyone and see if we can get a group going.

@TEG yes I agree, I like the backroads there too, there's a neat little road way up on that hill off the Golden Gate Bridge on the Marin side, looks into the Pacific Ocean..it's way up on Golden Gate View Point on Conzelman Rd. have you been?

Rich

Hey Rich, thanks for organizing another meet-up. I live in San Rafael and drive the Marin backroads a lot. So we can talk about fun routes! My Tesla Adventure, Eli Burton, just organized a run from the Petaluma SuC to Dillon Beach then wrapping up at the Gravenstein Grill in Sebastopol for lunch. Tesla Owners Drive - Marin County

Wherever we go in Marin/Sonoma, its a good idea to get by the Petaluma SuC. Nick's Cove in Marshall is a fun place for lunch. Advance notice since we would take over the place. Pt Reyes Station is right down the road, so could be a good stop. Pt. Reyes lighthouse is a ways out there. The hike down the stairs to the lighthouse is an adventure into itself.

The schedule is jam packed right now. I prefer a Saturday and later September, perhaps even October for Indian Summer.

Thanks again for taking he initiative!