TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

San Francisco Tesla Club Meet Up #3

Discussion in 'EVents' started by mainecoon, Aug 9, 2018.

1. mainecoon

mainecoon Member

#1 mainecoon, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Hi Everyone, hope you guys are having a good summer. Are you guys interested in getting together soon for another ride? I'd like to put together another meet up before the end of summer.

My original thought was the Napa Valley region and tour some wineries, however, it is unfortunate there's a huge fire up that way and even more for the people that live there, so I've come up with a second thought. (I was also thinking if you would like to donate canned food or items like batteries, pet food, I can collect them and drop a box off to the Sonoma County Fire Dept or Red Cross)

A ride up the coast on 101 to Point Reyes Lighthouse and onto Bodega Bay. I believe the coast is clear (pun intended) from the heavy smoke in the interior areas and if we get lucky, and there's no fog that would be even better. :) Here are two options that come to mind:

(1) We meet in San Francisco and then onwards across the Golden Gate Bridge (if you are already in Marin, we can meet you at the first stop off the GG Bridge at that tourist spot, I guess the official name is called Golden Gate Bridge View?)
    and up the scenic roads hugging the coastline towards Stinson and on to Point Reyes Lighthouse and then Bodega Bay and circle back to the Petaluma Supercharger.

(2) Or we meet at the Petaluma SC and then roll through one of the smaller roads like Tomales Rd so we don't need to backtrack down the 101 and hit Point Reyes Lighthouse and then Bodega Bay and then circle back to the 101.

Do you guys have time to meet for this end of summer drive towards the end of August or early September?

Interested in hearing everyone's thoughts, suggestions.

Please post your availability here:

Doodle: SF Tesla Club Meet #3

Rich

If you can't view the map below, please go here: Road Map

Road Map.JPG

2. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Hey Rich, Sounds good. Glad to participate. It is all about the date fitting into the schedule. I prefer a Saturday. Also keep in mind we have National Drive Electric week coming up mid-September. We can also discuss possible lunch stops along that route.
    Once again, thanks for organizing!

3. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Member

I put in my availability. I missed the last get together, looking forward.

-Randy

4. mainecoon

mainecoon Member

Hi Guys, just wanted to make sure everyone from the last meet up and ones who couldn't make it got to seeing this. Hopefully you guys can make it.
    @FlatSix911, @tontod, @TEG, @SMAlset, @bmah, @thecloud, @one5n1neSDoo, @apkom, @Mgallo, @chibi_kurochan

@Randy Spencer, sounds good!

@Blu Zap, I don't mind doing a Saturday.
    the National Drive Electric Week event in the city is Sept 12, the one in Marin is Sept 15 at the Bon Air mall. I actually go there all the time to that Jamba Juice when I'm over in Marin. I have some ideas for lunch stops I'll post up once we figure out the group. I'll have name tags for everyone to write their username on so we won't get confused.

Let's get this together!

5. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S / Model X Forums

JFYI I'm definitely interested, but not sure how my weekends will work this fall, mostly due to not knowing my son's soccer team schedule. :) If I'm free on whatever date gets chosen, I'll be there!

Bruce.

6. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Rich, I appreciate the Saturday schedule if we can do it. Join us at Bon Air for National Drive Electric week on 9/15. Many South Bay and other area National Drive Electric Week events are happening the next Sunday, 9/16. I'll be at the Palo Alto event supporting Acterra, an environmental group promoting EVs. Big week for EVs.
    Looking forward to this get together. Glad to help as needed.
    BTW I'll be at the NorCal Tesla owners meet up this Saturday 8/18 at Spann Vineyards in Kenwood. Check it out. Tickets are still available.
    Upcoming Events

7. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

Sounds great! I also have interest but not sure of my availability yet. Hopefully one of those September weekends will work.

8. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Member

Perhaps if a few people have entered their availability we should just PICK a date and start letting people block it out in their calendar. I think the first potential weekend on the list is already upon us. I don't think any of the potential weekends were a holiday so any of them are as good as another. Perhaps the further out you choose the more likely people can move plans of their own so they can attend.

-Randy

9. mainecoon

mainecoon Member

@Randy Spencer, Hi, I extended the calendar to Saturday, October 13 so hopefully more people can sign up and sign up early. As before we will allow the majority to vote the date in. I'll land on whichever to break any ties.

@Blu Zap, thanks for the heads up on those events. I had to run errands and do stuff today so unable to go to Kenwood. I may go down to the one in the South Bay. What's the addy?

@thecloud, I've extended the calendar, take a look and pls select what works best.

@bmah, ok sounds good.

10. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Hey folks. We had a great meet-up at Spann Vineyards in Kenwood, CA today. Hosted by the NorCal Reno TMC Tesla owners group. We talked about a lot of stuff and planning future events. I discussed this event and several owners are interested. Many Central Valley folks gladly made the drive and are interested in our event. As this event firms up, I'll make sure we get on their Facebook page and TMC events. It will be great to get Tesla owners from all around!

• Like x 1
  11. mainecoon

mainecoon Member

#11 mainecoon, Aug 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Hi all: I'm making a call to host the Tesla group on Saturday, September 8. We will meet at the Chrissy Field Center 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129 at Chrissy Field (there is a large parking lot there, see photo below) and then drive across the Golden Gate Bridge. If you are in Marin, we will meet you at the Golden Gate Bridge View parking lot. See photo below. Let me know where you'll be.

Please post here if you can make it. Please charge at home or elsewhere before meeting we will hit up the supercharger in Petaluma at the end. SF to Point Reyes is 28.9 miles + 19.5 miles to Petaluma (+32.3 miles if we decide to go to Bodega Bay and 27.1 miles to Petaluma) so=48.4 miles from SF to Point Reyes to Petaluma or 107.8 miles if SF to Bodega Bay to Petaluma.

@FlatSix911, @tontod, @TEG, @SMAlset, @bmah, @thecloud, @one5n1neSDoo, @apkom, @Mgallo, @chibi_kurochan, @Randy Spencer, @Blu Zap, @bmah

Look forward to seeing you again.

Rich

Attached Files:

12. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

Won’t be attending, but love the area...one of the first weekend trips we made when moving to California. I wonder if @roblab saw this. Believe they are north and might attend if available. Met them at our first Kettleman City meetup.

13. tontod

tontod Member

Sorry, wont be able to make this one. Will be on the lookout for the next one!

14. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

@mainecoon : Do you have times in mind for people to meet there?

15. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

I'll be in town for the weekends of the 8th and 15th, but unfortunately won't be able to devote an entire day to a drive. If the event could have a meetup component at Chrissy Field where folks hang out for an hour or so before the drive, I could definitely make that on the morning of the 8th. (Also interested in the National Drive Electric Week event in Palo Alto on the 16th. That's a 3-hour event, from 1-4 pm.)

16. mainecoon

mainecoon Member

Hi @TEG meet there at 9am and leave by 10am.

17. mainecoon

mainecoon Member

@thecloud swing by around 9am at Chrissy Field at the Chrissy Field Center 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129

18. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

We have seen that Golden Gate view point be closed. Yesterday, it was buses only. The resulting traffic west of the bridge up the headlands was a little nuts. FYI

19. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Hey @mainecoon thanks for organizing this once again. Joann and I are definitely in!

We will meet up with you in Marin.
    As @e-FTW points out the Vista Point on the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge is closed to traffic, except busses. Also, as a side note, the only way to that parking lot from Marin is to cross the bridge southbound and come back across to access Vista Point. So let's pick another convenient place in Marin.

I would also suggest doing a reverse of this loop in light of weekend traffic. Shoreline Highway (highway 1) has a lot of traffic from Mill Valley to Stinson Beach on a Saturday morning. Start at the Petaluma Supercharger and then heading south would put us against traffic on highway 1. This would put us in a good position to hit Bodega Bay. There are also a couple of good options to cross Marin back to 101 instead of highway 1 through Mill Valley.

Looking forward to it!

20. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

• Like x 1