Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Francisco Tesla Club Meet Up #3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@e-FTW thanks for that! I called the Golden Gate Bridge yesterday and confirmed that the area is closed on weekends and only open on weekdays. So for those of you in Marin, we will meet you at the Petaluma Supercharger by 10:30am then take the smaller roads on to Bodega Bay, then to Point Reyes and disembark from there.

Ok so, we will meet at Chrissy Field in SF at 9am, leave for Marin (Petaluma) by about 10am and then leave by about 11:30am, head to Bodega Bay, eat (TBD), and Point Reyes, and done.

@bluezap Tom, the traffic on HWY 1 to Stinson is awful I don't want to get us stuck in that, thanks for reminding me. We will take the smaller road to Bodega Bay and go back via the 1. Thanks also for spreading the word to others.

Let me know what you guys think..see the map below.

Capture.JPG

Hey @mainecoon The revised map is perfect!! This will work out great!! A consideration on the return trip could be through Nicasio and Lucas Valley Rd. (Skywalker Ranch) or Sir Francis Drake Blvd. through Samuel P. Taylor Park. Avoiding the return Highway 1 through Mill Valley.
As far as a place to eat in Bodega Bay, the Inn at the Tides restaurant is the bomb. The Tides Wharf & Restaurant - Inn At The Tides Dining Call ahead to see if they can seat us as a group. Otherwise they can accommodate us at multiple smaller tables. All with a view of Bodega Bay. (look out for the birds!)

Won’t be attending, but love the area...one of the first weekend trips we made when moving to California. I wonder if @roblab saw this. Believe they are north and might attend if available. Met them at our first Kettleman City meetup.

This might be interesting, but it all depends on what's going on here. Petaluma is near 50 miles from us, plus getting to the drive and around.

And just to say it as somebody else voted for Saturday, Sunday is better for me, but don't change it on my account.

Bah. My son's soccer schedule showed him (and me) free for next Saturday, so I was this -> <- close to committing to going on this drive. But then they changed the schedule (!!!) and he's got a game at 0900. Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to be in two places at once, so I have to pass on the drive. :( Hope y'all have a great day...take lots of pictures!

Bruce.

Hey @bmah sorry to hear you won't make it this time. We'll do another one before the end of the year. I'll have my P3D on the next meet. It's supposed to be ready by October 18 but I have a feeling Tesla will deliver it a little sooner.

Guys, if there's any objection to having lunch at The Birds Cafe in Bodega Bay, let me know ASAP. Otherwise, we will have lunch there. I am told there is a parking lot and plenty of parking in the surrounding area. They serve seafood and they do have a vegetarian menu. According to Trip Advisor, they have an 88% (115/130) very good to excellent rating.

The Birds Cafe, Bodega Bay - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

Rich

Reactions: israndy and Blu Zap
Wife and I are planning to come from Chico and meet up at Petaluma Suc.
We are planning to stay in Tomales Bay for the night and drive home Sunday morning. Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice b&b there?