Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Francisco to Death Valley: suggested overnight stop on the way?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I went to Death Valley yesterday. Out of a dozen or more previous trips, this was the first one in a Tesla. As other reports have indicated, the wildflower show on the valley floor was nonexistent. However there was a good variety of wildflower plants along the road to Beatty from Furnace Creek. There were some blooming, with many yet to start. Good specimens were found above milepost 2, and somewhat more prolific above milepost 7. My favorite, the Desert Five Spot, hadn't started to bloom yet. Somewhat late this year, but in greater abundance than many other years. There was quite a variety of 'belly flowers' already blooming -- can't see those without getting out and bending over. My wife found one plant about a half-inch across with a red blossom less than 1/16" in diameter. We hadn't seen that one before. Take a magnifying glass and get a Mojave Desert wildflower guide book at the visitor center gift shop.

The Beatty supercharger isn't that far out of the way. We got a fast charge, over 100kW up to 60% SOC. It was a very good trip, all the more enjoyable in our Model S.
That was awesome, thank you! We can hardly wait!