TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

San Francisco: Want to rent Chademo adapter this weekend

Discussion in 'California' started by e-FTW, Aug 25, 2018.

1. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

Hey folks, if anyone in San Francisco has a Chademo adapter, I'd love to be able to rent it from you for Sunday.

My family is in town, and that has kept me away from charging at work, and we only went out for one long drive (Fremont factory tour+SC and Half-Moon Bay). So now I need a fast charge somewhere, and my only option would be San Mateo and waiting at a SC is not very vacation-like. I live in a condo with no charging for a few more weeks...

The plan for Sunday is to drive the bridges, Golden Gate and Bay Bridge. If we do GG first and drive around via San Quentin bridge, we could stop at Ford Point, where there is a ChargePoint Chademo station. We could check out the Rosie The Riveter Memorial and get enough charge to be on our way.
    Ford Point: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Anyone with a Chademo adapter in the city want to hook me up?

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Charging doesn't have to be a waiting game. At the San Mateo Bridgepoint site, there's a nice mall where you can spend a few minutes walking around while charging.
    There's J-1772 near the Rosie site that you can get some time on, if needed while visiting. And if you position trips accordingly, you can get some charging in during meals.

Honestly, I suspect that it will take you a lot longer to meet up and get, as well as return a CHADEMO adapter.

3. McManX

McManX Member

Would lend you mine but I am out of town for the next week or so

FWIW when I drive by occasionally the new San Mateo charger isn't always full ("always" *facepalm*)

• Like x 1
  4. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

Ended up taking my 11 year-old nephew on a drive to San Mateo to buy the fruits and ingredients for Sunday brunch while everyone else slept. It all worked out, thanks!
    No waiting at that time.

• Like x 2