TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

San Jose Area Hotels with Chargers

Discussion in 'California' started by SandieM, May 16, 2013.

1. SandieM

SandieM New Member

Heading up to the San Jose area for a weekend visit and looking for a hotel with a charger or even just a regular plug accessible to the parking area. Any suggestions? I'm thinking we'll have to hit the Gilroy Superchargers hard both up and back! But it's our first road trip/adventure, so it's all fun!

2. capt601

capt601 Vin02324

There is a Homewood suites just north of the airport with 2 j1772 plugs. It's the one at 10 w. Trimble road.

3. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

4. dbfish

dbfish Member

• Helpful x 1
  5. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

Not wanting to hijack this thread but I think it's great what dbfish is doing. I wish that recargo would add a hotel search option (hotel gets you nothing and motel seems to think you mean northwest Ohio. sigh.

And on an activist front, I think everyone should ask about charger availability when ever talking to a hotel/motel. When they get enough questions, it gets on their radar.

• Like x 1
  6. dbfish

dbfish Member

Thanks PhilBa! Recargo has a place to note a "Hotel/Lodging" location type, but no way to search for it! And I like using a map-based interface (Like Plugshare.com uses)

You can sort of hack together a google search like this:
    site:recargo.com +"san jose" +"Hotel/Lodging"

7. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Anyone in San Jose area know where there is parking with charging at the San Jose airport for long term parking (10 days)?

8. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Recargo and Plugshare are the same company.
    You can filter for hotels on Plugshare when using the in car browser. When not in the car go to tesla.plugshare.com which emulates the Tesla browser (except for its slowness ) and filter for hotels there.

• Informative x 1
  9. DOCAL

DOCAL Member

In north San Jose (where N 1st St and 237 meet) is Hyatt House San Jose/Silicon Valley.
    75 Headquarters Drive, San Jose, CA, 95134

Although you could just use the Mountain View or Fremont superchargers. Gives you an excuse to visit Tesla HQ or the Tech museum.