TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

San Juan Capistrano SC: Tesla Drivers Must Get Their Charge

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by RandyS, Aug 16, 2014.

1. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

#1 RandyS, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    San Juan Capistrano SC: Tree Trimmer Don't Stop Us

Coming back today from a 4,200 mile Tesla Road Trip from San Diego to Canada, and we waded through the traffic around San Juan Capistrano on a Saturday afternoon just after lunch to get that final charge before heading down to San Diego...More on the road trip later...It went off without a hitch...

But...low and behold, the bank or the property manager decided to have a crew trim the olive trees around the San Juan Capistrano SC stalls today (on a Saturday!)...Obviously convenient for the bank, right? :)

Well, never underestimate the ingenuity of Tesla drivers who desperately need to get their charge... :)

sjc_trim4.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Can't wait to hear the stories of your trip! Still can't believe how busy SJC is, like, all the time.

3. David99

David99 Active Member

At least there is access from the other side! In most other SC locations that would be impossible.

I was there last Friday twice. Around noon and at 11 pm. One other car, that was it! Not at all what I expected. Hawthorne is busy 24/7.

4. capt601

capt601 Vin02324

Was by there today coming from San Diego and a couple cars were parked like that again, creating all sorts of issues because new people couldn't tell which one was in use or not. Pretty sad. At least 3 cars had been parked for quiet a while as we pulled up and were still there when we left. With at least 3 people waiting. We left early to free up a spot.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

6. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

In keeping with the "ICE'd" acronym, I propose "Wooded".

:smile:

7. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

do people typically park like that there?

I've NEVER seen anyone park their MS in any way but perfectly in the lines at other SC i've been at.

8. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Their not on the Supercharger Parking spaces, they are in the bank driveway, as the bank decided to have the trees trimmed and the tree trimmers left tree limbs and brush blocking the Supercharger stalls. The people in the bank driveway parked so as to get the charge port as close to the stations as possible.

9. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Well, gives them something to do while the car charges.

10. MITE46

MITE46 Member

wish they made more spots to begin with...its been 100% full every time I've been to SJC

11. radinator

radinator Member

That is awesome. Love how Model S owners will not be stopped from charging! Agree that it totally sucks that the usage of those spots was not taken into account when they scheduled the tree trimming.