Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sandy Munro favorite Tesla Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was for me. I am having the cameras on my 2017 model X replaced to ones that will make FSD available, at last, on my car. I noticed that the housing around the rear view mirror that covers the cameras on this new Model X are much larger then the one on my Model X. My concern is my windshield is completely tinted and I am concerned about it needing to be trimmed in-order not to interfere with the new cameras. I guess I will have to see what the mobile tech can work out.

I also found it interesting to see how Sandy handled making turns with the new yoke steering wheel. It looked like he had no problems.

There was for me. I am having the cameras on my 2017 model X replaced to ones that will make FSD available, at last, on my car. I noticed that the housing around the rear view mirror that covers the cameras on this new Model X are much larger then the one on my Model X. My concern is my windshield is completely tinted and I am concerned about it needing to be trimmed in-order not to interfere with the new cameras. I guess I will have to see what the mobile tech can work out.

I also found it interesting to see how Sandy handled making turns with the new yoke steering wheel. It looked like he had no problems.
I’ve had the camera retrofit done on my 2017 MX. They won’t be changing your rear view mirror housing. The updated tri-cams fit inside the old housing.

This was not a typical tear down video from Monro, but Sandy's first impression to the Model X long range.

His favorite Tesla used to be the Model Y. Then he changed his mind after experiencing the Model S. Now he says the X is his favorite Tesla, due to more space, more comfortable second row, falcon wing doors and the vista windshield combined with the higher command seating. Likes the 3rd row seating better in the X than in the Y or S.

Take away he opines that for many, the Model X may indeed be the last car they will ever need to buy.

Once again the Model X becomes the Tesla Flagship for the fleet.