Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sandy Munro video comments on Model Y paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bobfitz1

Supporting Member
Sep 24, 2012
Ludlow, Vt
During one of the Sandy Munro Model Y videos he lays out why he thinks MY is the best Tesla yet and has no competition in sight. Towards the end he mentions a few things he has not liked. The major negative was the quality of MY paint job.
Munro went as far as to identify the auto paint shop expert that Tesla should be working with to correct the deficiencies.
Has anyone heard any information that Tesla recognizes this can and should be corrected and improved?
That issue plus lack of options for size wheels on MY Perf are the two which make me think it may be best to wait until later this year to order.

Some people suspect that because of CA strict environmental regulations that it restricts some of the methods and even the paint that Tesla is allowed to use. It might be true, but I haven't really seen that explicitly laid out. So if someone has more info please share!

Until there is further info from Tesla we don't know if CA regs are preventing better paint shop quality.
Munro seemed pretty confident that the expert he named could straighten out their problems. I expect
Munro would have known if MY paint problems might be due to CA regs and would have added to his
comments about the world expert being the one to sort them out for Tesla.