Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Sandy tests Blue Cruise, Ford stans go crazy, hilarity ensues...

daktari

Jan 21, 2017
Norway
Something very strange with that video. I have a ton of questions.
-Is it a Level 3 hands off system, the why the sudden disengagement?
-Was it a sudden disengagement or just an alert to keep driver more alert, the car would have made the curve anyway?
-did or did he not disable the system with the accidental button press?
-if it is a Level 2 system, "keep alert at all times", why let the driver take hands off wheel at all? What is the point?

mark95476

Jun 21, 2020
Bay Area CA
Their system can't do turns and disengages. The driver needs to take over and drive the car.

Just wait for the usual suspects to hail Ford's Blue Cruise as the Tesla AutoPilot Killer. :rolleyes:

Something very strange with that video. I have a ton of questions.
-Is it a Level 3 hands off system, the why the sudden disengagement?
-Was it a sudden disengagement or just an alert to keep driver more alert, the car would have made the curve anyway?
-did or did he not disable the system with the accidental button press?
-if it is a Level 2 system, "keep alert at all times", why let the driver take hands off wheel at all? What is the point?

Its marketed as a level 2.5, a hands free highway cruise system on HD mapped approved roads.

That disengages on slight curves without any audible warning.

This is the hot *sugar* ford have been touting (that they dont actually make, they buy in from mobileye).

Its worse than a joke its dangerous to the users and to autonomy.

Reactions: mspohr

mark95476

Jun 21, 2020
Bay Area CA
I remember how the media made big deal out of a Tesla "recall" in China where they addressed it by updating the firmware to add a chime for TACC.

I think this Ford Blues Clues system silently disengaging on "sharp curves" and the fact that everyone now wants to investigate Tesla fires and Autopilot (and not the safety of hands-free Ford's disastrous Blues Clues) has really got under Sandy Munro's skin. So, he called the systems what they actually are - crap.

Mengy

Feb 18, 2020
PA
This happened to me when I test drove a Mach-E, it suddenly disengaged on the highway during a very gentle curve without any audible warning at all. The car veered towards the concrete barrier but luckily I caught it in time, scared the bejeezus out of me. The salesman just said it was still a work in progress and care should be taken when using it.

I was not impressed either. :confused:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC