TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Santa Came Early!

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by rogbmw, Dec 23, 2012.

1. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

Santa came early yesterday - thanks to someone who ordered a performance then decided not to put on the spoiler, I was able to purchase it from them and it arrived yesterday! Can't wait to put it on the car!

2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Hmmm. Having a spoiler with no Model S to put it on sounds like torture to me! :eek:

3. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

How do you put it on the car???? Post pics (if you can).
    Merry X-mas!!!!!

4. kinddog

kinddog Banned

I'm glad you posted first.

5. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

Although offered, I decided not to get the early delivery, and get it in Feb-March. I ordered a non-P 85 battery pack car, as I just really realize that it will be more than sufficient for me. But, I wanted a rear spoiler, and spoke with a few people who ordered a Performance, but were unsure if they were going to put the spoiler put on. It is put on with two rows of 3-M double sided tape (pretty standard for CF rear spoilers). On my BMW 1M I can put on a CF BMW Performance lip spoiler much like the Tesla, and it is also put on with 3-M Double sided tape. The person I purchased it from was very nice, and it arrived in excellent new condition.

6. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

If we're getting the Performance can we always get the car without the spoiler attached but still have the spoiler? Or, is that just for now because they don't have enough spoilers to go around?

7. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

It comes with the spoiler but you can ask them not to install it. I think they will include it with the car if you ask them not to install it but am not sure about that.

8. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Thanks Dave. Is that done when I finalize on the computer? Like a comment section or something? Or, is it a separate phone call type thing?

9. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

No problem. I think you may have to handle it via a separate e-mail or phone call before production starts so they can note your account. It looks really nice with the spoiler (I think) so can leave it on then always have them take it off later if you don't like it too. I didn't finalize on the computer so maybe someone who went through this whole process more recently has a better answer.