Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Santa Clara Service Center -- Opened January 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happened to be browsing the open job opportunities and saw an address for the new Santa Clara service center (see below). Looks like it'll be at 2895 Northwestern Parkway, Santa Clara. I'll have to swing by sometime over the next couple of days and see if there's any progress/if it looks like there'll be Superchargers there.

SantaClaraServiceCenter.JPG

Well, I swung by on my run today (hence, no pictures), and there was no absolutely no indication that Tesla was going to be moving in. The 'For Lease' sign was still out in front, no construction has started, etc. Will be interesting to see if this actually does develop into one of their service centers, or if the careers site is just incorrect.

Heard yesterday that the Santa Clara service center will be the next to open in the bay area, and that it will be quite large. Last posts in this thread were almost a year ago. Anyone checked this location since then?

Tesla career site still lists Northwestern Santa Clara location for some service jobs, so when I was down there today I decided to swing by. No sign Tesla is moving in. Building looks vacant and looks like some of the previous tenant's stuff is still inside. No signs of construction.

Palo Alto service center is completely overwhelmed and the employees are not happy about it. Never seen them so frazzled in 3 years I've been going there. The bay area really needs more service centers ASAP.

I dropped my car at the Sunnyvale center on Wednesday and the tesla employee who drove me to the enterprise car rental (in my car no less) mentioned the new Santa Clara Service Center and Super Charger will really help when it opens. He gave no date though :(

I work around the corner from the Santa Clara address mentioned above and there is a lot of construction going on around there including a new WholeFoods and a Flemmings. I could see a Tesla right there too.

Palo Alto service center is completely overwhelmed and the employees are not happy about it. Never seen them so frazzled in 3 years I've been going there. The bay area really needs more service centers ASAP.
I made an appointment a couple of days ago at the Palo Alto service center for my 2nd annual service. The person who made the appointment told me they were starting a night shift. That should help.

• Informative
Reactions: trils0n
image.jpeg

Hard to tell if this will be more Bay Area superchargers. I'll keep an eye on it for a while with friends who can stop by but someone local will have to follow up regularly. Keep in mind that equipment may be kept inside the building until needed, so we may not be sure until we see conduit and pedestal construction.

Last edited:
Usually Tesla takes over existing buildings and remodels them. Seems unusual for Tesla to select a site with an existing building and then demolish it. But given the demand for commercial property on the SF Peninsula perhaps what Tesla is doing is the best approach.
I've heard unofficial information that this service center is likely to dwarf anything else Tesla currently operates. Perhaps they intend to use it as a prototype for future SCs. Might make sense to try that sort of thing out close to home first.

Edit: To be clear, "anything else" above means service centers. I'm not implying a Gigafactory-scale SC here. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: McManX
I've heard unofficial information that this service center is likely to dwarf anything else Tesla currently operates. Perhaps they intend to use it as a prototype for future SCs. Might make sense to try that sort of thing out close to home first.
Perhaps they've created a "machine to build the machine", or in this case service center. Mostly prefab? Robot construction? Love to see it.

Took another look today. The dirt site has a sign saying Vantage Data Centers. That is the same as the buildings across the street. So maybe 2895 belongs to them. OTOH, 2500 Condensa looks like it is plenty big. I haven't paid too much attention to it, but I think it is vacant. Although the last couple months at least, the parking lot has been a staging area for the new Nvidia building going up across the creek at Walsh and San Tomas.

Thanks, I looked up that number and it is for 2801 NORTHWESTERN PKWY. So I consider this new Tesla Service Center to be confirmed and have changed the thread title. Tesla can't built this fast enough! Palo Alto and Burlingame are swamped and the new San Francisco service location is apparently still not fully operational.
Confirmed that this will be a Service Center only ... no retail facility planned. :cool:
View attachment 200942

Reactions: Bet TSLA