Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Santa Elon New Software Easter Egg Version 2020.48.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I was a bad boy this year, never made it onto Santa's nice list, because no sleigh for me at all, driving or in park. I have rebooted, disable/enable in the toybox and via voice commands. I do hear the music when first enabled, see the snow effects, and hear sleigh bells when using turn signals, but no sleigh or reindeer or any other visuals. 2020.48.10

Update: So a friend of mine with a M3 has a sleigh. The MY is supposed to be very similar to M3, 75 percent same parts and all, yet some of the M3 features are not on the MY. Odd. The MY only got the open glove box voice command 4 weeks or so ago. Weird.

Last edited:
I lost the sleigh on my MX after the update...then activated the Santa Mode in the Toybox and it came back. On the M3 and MY I think it had a top down view of the sleigh...in the X and S it’s a side view...so I think they’ll probably reactivate it the next bug update

I just get snow, don't even get the jingle bells anymore when signaling. Haven't checked to see if mine turns into a sleigh when parked. Given all of the recent visualization changes I'm not too surprised they didn't have time to fix this one. Rather they stop breaking all of the media bugs with each release.

Little relationship between the two.
Actually there is.... for us poor saps with MCU1s, the damn processor is just way too overloaded. Sort of like when Windows comes up with bloatware, the computer suffers. Also, besides inefficient coding, maybe if they troubleshot issues instead of just adding features, the platform would be more stable. Just my observation having been in the IT world for say, oh, 25+ years

There have been several posts from owners that have contacted Tesla. They OTA remove some of the unnecessary data, partition the drive, and it seems to have resurrected some of the early computers with no cost.

Being in the IT world, you probably have seen lots of clever work arounds for known issues.

Worth a call...

Reactions: Hugh Mannity
PJg89tZ.png