Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Santa Elon New Software Easter Egg Version 2020.48.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went for my first drive with the new update today, and I was really pleased with it. I especially like the new location of the speedometer. It is the first visible number on the screen (reading from left to right), so to me, it takes much less time to locate. Unlike other comments I have read across numerous threads, I was unable (or never tried) to be looking at the road while simultaneously being able to read the speedometer with only my peripheral vision.

With that said, I've seen a lot of folks say they have trouble reading the speedometer due to having over 40 eyes. That would be a serious issue. I'm nearly 60, but I have to wear bifocals, so the smallest print on the new version is easily visible.

I didn't measure the width of the previous navigation and camera portion of the screen, but I suspect the area has decreased 15% or so, possibly 20%. Again, with my eyes (and correction), this is no problem, but for many, it is.

I also like the next upcoming turn on the left-hand screen. It's good to not have to have the navigation screen on.

I do miss the green battery since that has been used on handheld devices for nearly 30 years. But, after driving 200 miles or so on the new version, I found I was no thinking about the lack of color on the battery. But speaking of color, I really like the bright, vibrant traffic lights.

As others have mentioned, this release feels like it is setting the stage for additional features. I give it a B+ to an A- as is, but it would probably be more fair to give it an I for incomplete since it seems to be a work in progress.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve