Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Santa Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently in the model 3 -

Santa Mode -
Parked - Santa Sled replaces the car.

Driving - The screen shows it snowing / Turn Signals (when activated) play sleigh bells...

The Song - "Grandmother Got Run Over" does not play or I can't get it to play....

Santa Mode -

Driving - The screen shows it snowing / Turn Signals (when activated) play sleigh bells...

The Song - "Grandmother Got Run Over" does not play or I can't get it to play....

How are you turning it on? You might need to do it via the toy box to get the song. On the MY I do not recall hearing the song if done via voice command.

Santa Mode -

Hmm, EAP and FSD.

Turn on Santa Mode via the Toy Box (not voice command) and it will play The Beach Boys - Little Saint Nick.

For model 3 it used to be 3D sleigh while driving and top view when parked. Snow falling and cars rendered as reindeer. This was really only available for Christmas 2017 and 2018.

With v10 and the new visualization, reindeer and 3D sleigh went away. Top view in park remained, as did the turning indicator bells and the Santa music when turning on Santa mode.

For model 3 it used to be 3D sleigh while driving and top view when parked. Snow falling and cars rendered as reindeer. This was really only available for Christmas 2017 and 2018.

With v10 and the new visualization, reindeer and 3D sleigh went away. Top view in park remained, as did the turning indicator bells and the Santa music when turning on Santa mode.
Top view no longer exists for many. If you say you can see it, do you have FSD and/or EAP?

I wrote a nice long message about my test drive experience with a Y. And of course when I went to post, the forum logged me out and then froze. All was lost.

What was a long story, is now a short story.

We have a Model Y coming soon to accompany our 2018 Model 3 performance.

it’s impressive how much 2 years in Tesla makes with technology and micro upgrades.

The Y is so much more efficient in cold weather then our 18 M3P

Top view no longer exists for many. If you say you can see it, do you have FSD and/or EAP?
I have EAP with original hardware, no FSD computer.

Model y behavior seems inconsistent. I turned on Santa Mode while driving using hohoho and no music, no turning bells, no sleigh, just snow. When my son later the same day used hohoho in park, snow plus music. Still no sleigh.

both cars running 48.10

Reactions: Snow Drift
yep +1 here, same story with my (FSD AWD) MY, I've got turn signal jingles and snowflakes... sometimes (but not always) I get really loud music. But I never see Santa's sleigh on the display.

I don't really care.... obviously... except that my kid's are in *primo* age bracket to really get a kick out of this if it worked... and ya gotta get your chuckles outta this kinda stuff while they're small...

oh well.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Just snow, music and bells here. On the up side, I have successfully convinced my (skeptical) 5 year old, that Santa is watching them by periodically playing the bells while driving my kids home from school over the past week. They have been on their best behavior the past few days!

If they do not know about fart mode yet, that could also come in handy if they do anything bad, but chances are a 5 yr old will have already heard that in your car I assume...

• Funny
Reactions: DenkiJidousha