TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Santa Ynez Wine Country in a Model S

Discussion in 'California' started by 4SUPER9, Apr 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Supporting Member

I just returned from a magnificent few days in Santa Ynez wine country. Such beautiful countryside and wonderful wine.

This was my first time there in a couple of years. Fortunately, the Buellton SC was only 4 miles from my B&B. We drove up from L.A. and grabbed a charge, only to 190. We didn't feel like waiting any longer as we were anxious to get to the B&B. The following day, I hired a designated driver from http://www.winetastingdd.com. Our driver was Eric, who met us at our B&B, and drove us around in our own car. He was thrilled to be driving his first MS, and even asked me to take pictures of him with it. I was afraid that he would need some time to adapt to it, but he didn't. It was also my very first time that I rode in the back seat. I must admit, I did have some range anxiety, but relaxed when I saw that we would return with at least 70 miles even with a heavy foot.

Surprisingly, in the few days that I was there, I did not see a single other MS, except on the way home when I saw 2 others at the SC.

Anyway, it was really nice hitting all those country roads and wineries in my MS. The down side was that I did little of the driving myself. The plus side was that I could do most of the drinking.:cool:

2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Sounds like a fun trip. Thanks for the website for a DD, never thought to do that on a wine tasting trip.

3. capt601

capt601 Vin02324

Love the DD idea for wine tasting rather than he sedan or limo. Going to napa in September and May now use a DD instead of limo.

4. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Supporting Member

Yes. Absolutely the way to go. The limo and wine tour companies are often influenced by kick-backs. If not, they usually have scheduled tours. This is so much more personalized, and quite affordable.