Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Santana Row 3/16 - 3/18: Charge for you!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
I contacted the store a few days ago, inquiring if I could charge my Roadster during the Model S event. Good thing I called back this evening.

The original plan was to have two Model Ss out front, with an S and the Model X in the store. The back parking structure area would be available, as it always is. But Santana Row mgmt has told Tesla that they cannot put a tent on the street (the plan for rain), so they are forced to move to the parking structure.

There will be no place to charge an EV at the event. Ironic.
-----------------
3/16 UPDATE:

To save you reading through the whole thread, Tesla has a solution in place for Roadster owners coming to the event who will need a charge:

If you need a charge, please note the specific hours for each day below, then head to our campus:

3500 Deer Creek Rd.
Palo Alto, CA 94304

Enter at the tall red sign, then make your first right into the visitor lot where you will find a row of High Power Wall Connectors. Go ahead and plug in.

Friday hours:
Palo Alto to Santana Row - Shuttles leave approximately 15 minutes after every hour from now until 5:15. Check in at the front desk once you are plugged in. (under the red TESLA sign)
Santana Row to Palo Alto - Check in with any employee on site to call for shuttle service, last shuttle leaves at 5:45

Saturday and Sunday hours:
Palo Alto to Santana Row - Shuttles leave on the hour from 10am until 6pm. Sorry, we'll all be at the event, so the front desk will be closed. The shuttle will pick you up from the charging location.
Santana Row to Palo Alto - Shuttles leave on the half hour from 10:30am until 6:30pm.

Santana Row store number: 408.249.2815

Last edited:
I contacted the store a few days ago, inquiring if I could charge my Roadster during the Model S event. Good thing I called back this evening.

The original plan was to have two Model Ss out front, with an S and the Model X in the store. The back parking structure area would be available, as it always is. But Santana Row mgmt has told Tesla that they cannot put a tent on the street (the plan for rain), so they are forced to move to the parking structure.

That is strange. Can you charge at the Tesla Factory or Menlo Park? I think they're about 10 miles away or so if I remember correctly.

A few local Roadster owners have offered me use of their chargers - but I'm going to have to drive my -sob- Prius. I have a friend coming along who is interested in reserving an X, but she needs to be back in the Sacramento area mid-afternoon. I had hoped to charge in Santana Row while at the event and maybe do a little shopping.

Charging somewhere else changes the dynamics of the day.

In fairness, Santana Row was planning on putting tents over the cars out front, leaving the charging stations open in the back. My understanding is that Santana Row management gave them a last-minute 'no', leaving no time for an alternative plan.

UPDATE: Tesla will have shuttles available for Roadster owners throughout the event, so that anyone who needs a charge can do so at Deer Creek.

I can drive my Roadster on Sunday! :) Thanks!

Next mystery : what car will they use as shuttle? :wink:

If they use model S, it's "test drive/shuttle" ! Would be nice for visitors to see the actual car work!

Hi all,

As Bonnie said, our charging location at Santana Row will be occupied by Model S Betas on display, so we've arranged for charging at our Palo Alto campus and shuttle service to our Santana Row store.

If you need a charge, please note the specific hours for each day below, then head to our campus:

3500 Deer Creek Rd.
Palo Alto, CA 94304

Enter at the tall red sign, then make your first right into the visitor lot where you will find a row of High Power Wall Connectors. Go ahead and plug in.

Friday hours:
Palo Alto to Santana Row - Shuttles leave approximately 15 minutes after every hour from now until 5:15. Check in at the front desk once you are plugged in. (under the red TESLA sign)
Santana Row to Palo Alto - Check in with any employee on site to call for shuttle service, last shuttle leaves at 5:45

Palo Alto to Santana Row - Shuttles leave on the hour from 10am until 6pm. Sorry, we'll all be at the event, so the front desk will be closed. The shuttle will pick you up from the charging location.
Santana Row to Palo Alto - Shuttles leave on the half hour from 10:30am until 6:30pm.

Yes the charger space is totally occupied by the 4 Beta cars - when the Model S finally rolls out, I'm going to miss my rock star parking! Free charging is available at the Walgreens down the street on a Chargepoint charger -

1399 W San Carlos St, San Jose, California 95126, United States

Pics of today's event is here:

Picasa Web Albums - Augustine Kuo - Tesla Model S...

-----------------
3/16 UPDATE:

To save you reading through the whole thread, Tesla has a solution in place for Roadster owners coming to the event who will need a charge:

3500 Deer Creek Rd.
Palo Alto, CA 94304

Friday hours: