Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Santua's M3P Build Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys,

I think this might be the first time I truly make a thread of my own. A couple of people asked me if I had a build thread and I thought it would be a good idea to create one for anyone that might want to take inspiration. I am still not sure what to "name" the car and therefore the build, so I went with "santua's m3p build," for the time being.

Anyways, not sure how to do this, but I guess we can start with the list of mods that are currently on the car:

Exterior:
  • Mountain Pass Performance Sport Adjustable Coilovers - the car is currently on its lowest setting and recommended compression and rebound settings.
  • Signature Wheels SV104 in Royal Gold 20x9 - squared with staggered offsets which allow for that deeper concave in the rear.
  • Michelin PS4S 255/35/20 - one of my biggest gripes with the M3P is the fact that it comes from the factory with Pirellis and that they are too narrow for a performance car at 235/35/20. The Michelins fix these problems, add grip, and stability, and are actually quieter than the stock Pirellis that have the inside foam.
  • Unplugged Performance Titanium Short Lug Nuts in the short configuration.
  • IKON Motorsport Carbon Fiber front lip.
  • RPM GT Style carbon fiber mirror covers - I probably get flack from BMW owners and other people for putting "M Style" mirror covers on a Tesla, but to be fair, I think the problem comes when you put M mirrors on non-M BMW. Regardless, I went with this style because it was reminiscent of my M2C's mirror caps which I very much enjoyed, and to be a bit different.
  • RPM carbon fiber side markers.
  • 3M Ceramic 15% tint on sides and one-piece back - a basic necessity in South Florida and also adds to the overall stealthiness of the car.
  • Front and back emblem delete and added the "T E S L A" logo on the back.
Interior:
  • Full carbon fiber dash and door trim pieces - not a fan of the wood interior look, so I switched it up with full replacements for the dash and trim in glossy real carbon fiber.
  • TAPTES 3-piece floor mats - the OEM floor mats on this car are probably the worst I have ever had. They are a pain to clean and take too much time, these floor mats have a good aesthetic to them, feel good, fit very well, and are incredibly easy to clean.
  • RPM rubber cup holder insert - including it for the sake of having a complete list. Pretty self-explanatory, the cup holders on the Model 3s are not very good in my opinion, and these offer a bit more support. I am sure there are better ones out there.
  • Spigen Tempered Glass screen protector - not taking any chances with what is the most important part of the car, plus it reduces fingerprints.
Coming:
  • Mountain Pass Performance Brake Master Cylinder Brace - looking to improve the brake pedal feel, I will update my post with impressions once installed.
  • RPM Carbon Fiber Jupitel V-Style Spoiler (aka Vorsteiner replica) - Artisan Spirits trunk spoiler was my ideal choice, but too much $ what I am trying to achieve. I think this spoiler will complete the rear with a nice more high kick aggressive look to compliment the front of the car.
Future:

This section is not 100% defined as I am not even sure if I am even going to continue modifying this car....lmao who am I kidding, I definitely will, but this list is not representative of what will go in the car given that my ideas are constantly being "worked on," so things change.
  • More aggressive brake pads.
  • Steel brake lines.
  • Bigger brake rotors
  • A plethora of MPP suspension parts.
  • Learn how to take pictures and or hire someone that knows l0l.
Past:
  • Full Avery Dennison Gloss Dark Gray (Nardo) wrap - did this by myself and it actually came out really good for a first-timer, I liked it but it strayed away from my underlying goal with this build, which was to make the car look clean, OEM+ in a way I guess, as well as to change the driving dynamics of this thing for it to resemble that of M cars, AMGs and RS models.
Ultimately, when I got the M3P I had a vision in my mind of how I wanted this car to look and it was thanks to this forum that allowed me to do all the research I needed in order to make a mere vision, a reality. Hopefully, this thread can add to the mega book of information that TMC is and perhaps helps a few folks make their visions a reality.

I will make sure to post some pictures below, mostly already posted ones for now but will add on in the future.

P.S. If you guys have any questions or doubts, post them below or send me a PM, and I will try to answer them.

IMG_6898-1.jpg
IMG_6867.jpg
When it was wrapped:
IMG_6445-2.jpg
IMG_6664.jpg
IMG_6653.jpg

As an f80 owner I wouldn’t get the mirror caps, personally I am fine with them but I know too many M people and I know they’ll definitely have some comments.
I’m a big fan of these sv104s and your front lip. How is the fitment of the front lip, and how does it mount to the bumper? I want it but I need to make sure it doesn’t fall off at 100+mph

As an f80 owner I personally wouldn’t get the mirror caps, I know too many M people they’ll definitely have some comments.
I’m a big fan of these sv104s and your front lip. How is the fitment of the front lip, and how does it mount to the bumper? I want it but I need to make sure it doesn’t fall off at 100+mph
I actually have them as we'll.....they are awesome... and technically we have an M3....lol

As an f80 owner I wouldn’t get the mirror caps, personally I am fine with them but I know too many M people and I know they’ll definitely have some comments.
Nah dw, I totally understand it. It is one of the things that I like but might change in the future.

The fitment on the front lip is spot on. I put some double-sided tape but also used some included self-tapping screws (4) to bolt on the underside of the front bumper. The lip already has the holes pre-drilled so it was pretty easy to install. Based on my multiple trips to Mexico, I can assure you that it will not fly off at 100+mph. Now, if you decide to just use double-sided tape, I am not sure how it will hold.

IMO this is the best-looking front lip for the model 3. The Vorsteiner style is cool as well, but it is really aggressive and it won't look good unless you have some aftermarket wheels, lower suspension, etc. (all of this is subjective ofc)

Link to lip: Fits 17-22 Tesla 3 IKON Front Bumper Lip Spoiler CF CF

Nah dw, I totally understand it. It is one of the things that I like but might change in the future.

The fitment on the front lip is spot on. I put some double-sided tape but also used some included self-tapping screws (4) to bolt on the underside of the front bumper. The lip already has the holes pre-drilled so it was pretty easy to install. Based on my multiple trips to Mexico, I can assure you that it will not fly off at 100+mph. Now, if you decide to just use double-sided tape, I am not sure how it will hold.

IMO this is the best-looking front lip for the model 3. The Vorsteiner style is cool as well, but it is really aggressive and it won't look good unless you have some aftermarket wheels, lower suspension, etc. (all of this is subjective ofc)

Link to lip: Fits 17-22 Tesla 3 IKON Front Bumper Lip Spoiler CF CF
Thanks for the input! This front lip reminds me of the cs lip on f80/82, comparing to other lips this one fits my oem+ philosophy better. I was worried because I also have vinyl wrap I don’t think double sided tape will hold up. I have no problem tapping screws into the bumper so this seems promising, in fact I might drill holes and use rivets for stronger connection.

Thanks for the input! This front lip reminds me of the cs lip on f80/82, comparing to other lips this one fits my oem+ philosophy better. I was worried because I also have vinyl wrap I don’t think double sided tape will hold up. I have no problem tapping screws into the bumper so this seems promising, in fact I might drill holes and use rivets for stronger connection.
Oh yeah, I know, before I sold the M2C I was looking at buying a CS style cf lip and they indeed look very similar.

IMO it is the one that best fits the shape of the Model 3s front bumper. Get it, you will not be disappointed, trust me.

Reactions: 3geekfamily
@santua I totally understand wanting to stay a bit anonymous, but would you mind disclosing who did your coilover install? DIY? I'm looking to get some springs installed - or maybe MPP coilovers - I'm up in NE Florida, but travel the I95 south to NSB on occasion (so Daytona, also pretty convenient).

Feel free to ping me via PM and if you'd rather not say, no sweat :)

Reactions: santua
Installed the MPP Master Cylinder Brace. Easy installation and I have to say that for the price, it is definitely a worth-it upgrade if you want to improve brake feel.

Also got the V-Style trunk spoiler installed. To be completely honest, I like it, but it does look quite aggressive, I wish I could afford the Artisan Spirits spoiler, or that some other company made a similar high kick sleek style.

IMG_7249.jpg

MPP Brace:

IMG_7019.jpg

Spoiler:

IMG_7203.jpg