TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sapphre V1 Ceramic coating?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by modelx007, Jan 21, 2016.

1. modelx007

modelx007 Member

Anyone use Sapphre V1 Ceramic and Reactive Polymer*coating?

2. pdq

pdq Member

When i first took delivery of my car I had a similar ceramic product applied.

After 3+ months of driving I have seen zero benefit.

3. modelx007

modelx007 Member

Interesting to know.... I'm trying to figure out if it makes sense to put something like opticoat or similar product with leasing the model s. So many options and not sure best to do...

4. Earthdog

Earthdog Member

Well its all a personal choice. I have ceramic on mine and I can assure you I am happy. No more swirls in the paint and no hand washing. NOTHING sticks no mine. I just use a foam gun, rinse and hand dry. OptiCoat is awesome too. Its all about if you are a clean nut. I want all my vehicles spotless always I couldn't be happier.

5. modelx007

modelx007 Member

It would be great to have but does it make sense to apply to a lease that I will get rid of in 3 years?

6. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I have CQuartz Finest and am exceptionally happy with it. I have posted about it on other threads, so I won't waste your time.

7. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

I also have a lease and for that reason I didn't do any paint protection or wrap. I love washing and detailing the car and by the time I return it for the next model it won't likely look as polished as those who used a coating or wrap but I'm okay with that as the extra cost isn't worth it to me.

You will get a LOT of different opinions on this so just go with your gut - there is no right decision.

8. modelx007

modelx007 Member

That was sort of my thinking.

9. tstafford

tstafford Member

I'm leasing but still chose to Opticoat Pro Plus the car. The car looks great all the time. I honestly believe there is an ROI on doing it. I can get the car looking excellent without a detail and without wax. I save money by only paying the detailer every eight weeks or so and doing the in between cleanings myself. Again to each his own of course.

10. modelx007

modelx007 Member

What did you pay for the Opticoat? I'd figure to detail the cost is about $55- $75 each time. So depending on coating costs...

11. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

This strikes me as very unusual. What precisely was applied and what "benefits" were you seeking? Like all coatings, the preparation of the substrate is critical. Was your car polished and then thoroughly prepped prior to the coating application?