TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sappy digital hug to TMC

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pete90D, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Pete90D

Pete90D Fan of Red Lights

You'll have to excuse me if this comes across as sappy. I'm traveling right now and it gives me more time to think about things... I also miss the crap out of my car driving this Altima (sad panda taking 2.8 months to accelerate to 60mph).

As many of you know I got my car on my 33rd birthday, which was a great thing. What wasn't known was that I was not nearly as excited as I should have been about it. I wasn't oozing with joy or jumping up and down. Even with all the greatness, it was a bad day for me. A few days before my birthday some really really not great things happened that had been building for a long time and took an incredible toll on me. The car made it less bad, but the significance outweighed the car.

When I first posted pictures on TMC I really thought it would be just another Model S delivered and that nothing I could say would really benefit anyone. Little did I know that there was a lot to contribute. The reputation points, private messages thanking me, kind words in posts, requests for my opinion... they have all been very helpful. I know, super sappy, and shocking that such small things can make a difference, but with what happened they really have made a difference. I'm very thankful for that.

It's been lots of fun talking about all these things with everyone, and digging into whatever I can to get information for everyone. I apologize for not posting high speed data, but an impounded car wouldn't have helped me. It's also been fun having the chance to meet members in person.

So this is kind of a two part post. One showing my appreciation to a great community and the other to point out that how we interact with each other makes a difference. Both good and bad. Nobody should have needed to write these posts about being attacked. Mistakes are made, but I don't like reading replies where people are insulting others... it isn't good for anyone.

So anyway, thanks to everyone, and sorry for the sappiness... back to your ludicrously scheduled programming.

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Glad to have you here! At some point you'll have to change your username though (Pete110D+).

3. DougH

DougH Active Member

Wanna sell me your car? :tongue:

4. Pete90D

Sure, but you can buy a brand new one from Tesla for the same price :tongue:

Actually this Altima I'm renting is the bees knees. 0-60 in like 35 seconds, no backup camera to distract me, no dimming mirrors to make cars harder to see, bad suspension, can't corner. Who would want one of these crappy Teslas... I miss my car... it needs auto pilot so it can drive to me... NADYA!!!!!!!!!! :crying:

5. DougH

DougH Active Member

I need one with the tax credit already deducted.

6. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

#6 CHG-ON, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    An Altima. I feel your pain. What's with the impounded car? Not the 90D, I pray. I'd have to be checked into a psych ward if that happened to me. NOBODY touches my car, ever. You should see the requirements I give the Sunnyvale station for the simplest of service. And they always comply with grace and respect. I think they feel the love I have for the biggest folly that I have ever bought.

And I hope that things settle for you soon. I find when I look back, that they usually do. Keeping in the "now" helps me tremendously. Easier said than done.

Safe travels.

7. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Active Member

Off-topic, but I'm about to move over the hill from San Jose... Have you used the Seaside service center yet?

8. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

Pete90D, I don't think you're being sappy at all. Thanks for helping to expand the community's knowledge...I think of you as one of TMC's P90D operational test pilots. (Aviation analogies just abound here.)

Hope to meet you in person someday.

9. Pete90D

I just meant that if I did a 0-120 or 0-155 test on the road and got caught I'd get impounded so I've avoided it with all the cops I keep seeing. Thanks to everyone's prayers to the Karma gods when I gave that guy a ride, I was let off on a ticket going 22mph over. Felt I shouldn't push my luck.

I'll be near you in a few weeks probably. I'm having WCC/OCDetail customize my Beltronics install when I'm back in town. I'll let you know when I'll be up there and we can meet up.

10. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Nope. Couldn't make the grand opening. I was bummed. They were giving away limited edition design sketch prints by Franz. I was so lucky as to have a friend who was generous to get one for me. I am thrilled. About to get it framed.

Franz limited edition.jpg

Technically, because I live in the hills, I am just a little bit closer to Sunnyvale, so they have left it as my home SC. I have no intention on changing. Their service has been nothing short of spectacular for me. I will bet you that SCs in the Valley and Peninsula are the best that Tesla has to offer because they are both closest to the Mother Ship and HQ, and it is the largest market by a huge margin.

- - - Updated - - -

From Pete90D: "I'm having WCC/OCDetail customize my Beltronics install when I'm back in town. I'll let you know when I'll be up there and we can meet up."

Joe from OCD did my car two days after delivery. He is completely awesome. The work they did was not only excellent, but it showed me how many things I had been doing wrong for so many years. I learned so much and now I care for my finish in a totally different way. One year later and my girl looks as good as the first day.

Looking forward to a complete radar warning system in the future.