Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SAS - Lowers before raising

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that my air suspension lowers before it raises. Meaning, if I'm in "standard" and want to raise it to "very high," it will lower itself (seemingly) all the way down before starting to raise itself it up. Anyone know why it does this? Just curious.

My A8 used to do this as well. You might notice the system leveling itself at a stoplight. Maybe one wheel gets out of whack slightly or the front end is up a couple tenths of an inch and the car will bring itself down or back up. It's doing this relatively often; we just don't notice it. What I suspect is happening is that when you select a new level it's self-leveling for the current height setting before it moves to the one you selected.

I figured it was because it raises the rear 1st, so it gives the perspective looking forward that the car is coming down.

Ok this is good to know! Appreciate the feedback. I was always worried about the nose dropping into an obstacle (primarily my steep driveway) I was trying to raise it over, but sounds like that should not be an issue so long as I provide enough time for the front to raise up after the rear.