Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sat Nav at night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only had my 3 for a month but noticed tonight whilst dropping my son off that at night the sat Nav display is just impossible to see. The screen is so dark, can see the arrow / dot etc, I don't mean that the display can't be seen, just that the map and the roads etc, it's all so black that you just can't see any roads, especially smaller ones.

Do I have a weird setting on is that normal?!

Am not using it to direct me, not sure if it changes if I do, but when just on map it's impossible to see any roads.

Only had my 3 for a month but noticed tonight whilst dropping my son off that at night the sat Nav display is just impossible to see. The screen is so dark, can see the arrow / dot etc, I don't mean that the display can't be seen, just that the map and the roads etc, it's all so black that you just can't see any roads, especially smaller ones.

Do I have a weird setting on is that normal?!

Am not using it to direct me, not sure if it changes if I do, but when just on map it's impossible to see any roads.

You may have dark mode enabled, switch it off and it will be fine. It will still darken as the light fades but roads etc are easily visible.

Have premium so could use that but dont find roads as easy to see in that view (well in day time anyway !!)

Just seems the oddest thing - who in Tesla would sign off this, lets do a sat nav update that means at night you cant see any roads ?!