Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sat Nav Direction in Visualisation Window?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the new UI I have been hoping they would use all that white space under the speedometer to put the sat nav directions rather then them being in the centre of the screen in too small a font for me.

Briefly for the first time today while driving near Chichester the directions appeared for a couple of minutes in this area only to disappear and not return for any further junctions. I have never seen them there before.

Do you get sat nav directions there? Am I missing a setting? Am I going mad and it was all in my imagination?

The directions appear in the visualisation window when the map is completely covered by another screen, like the audio controls or the energy usage screen. As soon as the map is visible again they stop.

Thanks! Not going mad then - thats positive. OK map covered up going forward for me then! I wish they would put the rest of the sat nav info in that area. The font size that tells you journey time / arrival time means I have to focus my eyes on the screen for a little longer then I would like to read it were it is. It would be much better just under the strip of icons by the speedo for me.

Is Tesla actually checking websites like MoreTesla.com?

Rumour has it, they have, including EM been known to access MoreTesla - its actually how I first came across that site.

Tesla staff, including fairly senior, but suspect not EM have definitely been known to peruse TMC although I suspect not this part of the forum. They just keep a very low profile but have acted on info posted.

Reactions: ParHunter
Tesla staff, including fairly senior, but suspect not EM have definitely been known to peruse TMC although I suspect not this part of the forum. They just keep a very low profile but have acted on info posted.

Wish they would act on more.

Just acknowledging that there are issues, and that they are addressing them, would go a fair way to reassuring customers that they are taking note when very real concerns are raised by several customers.