Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sat Nav not loading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. I have a 2016 Model 6 and my Sat nav has stopped working. The software is up to date for the car but the message I get when I try to use the Sat nav is to connect to WiFi and download a maps update ! I have connected to my home WiFi, soft booted and carried out a factory reset but no luck. What’s the fix please.

If the reload doesn't work, there may be a problem with the NAV SD card in the MCU. This is a normal SD card that could be ejected, if you could get to it. It stores the NAV maps, cached data, destinations, etc. The older SD cards had a limited rewrite capability and storage life, and weren't designed for heat and cold. The newer endurance SD cards are designed for dashcams and don't have the limitations of the one in your MCU. Something obviously got corrupted. This may be the reason.

Upvote 0
If the reload doesn't work, there may be a problem with the NAV SD card in the MCU. This is a normal SD card that could be ejected, if you could get to it. It stores the NAV maps, cached data, destinations, etc. The older SD cards had a limited rewrite capability and storage life, and weren't designed for heat and cold. The newer endurance SD cards are designed for dashcams and don't have the limitations of the one in your MCU. Something obviously got corrupted. This may be the reason.
Thank you DerbyDave. Read a lot about SD cards and MCU having done a bit of research. Sounds like that’s the plan then. Appreciate the response. 👍🏻

Upvote 0