Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sat Nav showing strange new route calculations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And to make matters worse, calendar events do not work accurately here in UK postcode land. It only uses the outward code (area and district) of the postcode and the road name. So it could well navigate you to a place several miles away from your calendar destination.

Then don't read it :p. Forums are places of disparate views and opinions - just go with it and occasionally you will have an 'Aha' moment that makes it all worth while.

Plus I did not think you even have your car yet. You should be in those 'where is my car' and 'crap tesla customer service/comms' threads. Once it turns up the childish joy of rapid acceleration makes everything seem better and the pain of ordering and delivery will be soon forgotten and you will see these threads through more tolerant eyes (sorry been on the chill pills again)
It wasn’t a forum view though it was the view of the owner of the company that makes the cars and, I’m sorry, it’s stupid. Someone who makes a big deal out of the technology in his vehicles ruling out a basic function of his sat nav software

Tesla sat nav does not allow waypoints.
In fact its aversion to waypoints is such that if you share a Google Maps journey with waypoints to the car, when you get in, you'll find it has erased all of them and left you with your final destination.

Perhaps the fixation with putting people into space means they forget that the vast majority of their customers don't simply go from one point to another without getting out somewhere in between.

Add this to the other major gripe that you can't try out any route that doesn't start from exactly where you are at that moment and this all seems remarkably shortsighted.