TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Sat Nav

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by nowtleft, Apr 26, 2017.

1. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

mmmm strange event.

Wanted to use superchargers on way home from Lancashire UK. nearest on the route was at Charnock Richard according to Tesla sat nav so programmed in and followed the route. What it failed to say was the chargers are on the NORTHbound M6 so had to leave SOUTHbound M6 and spend 15 minutes going though small towns and had to enter the service station through a no entry sign!
    There were 10 superchargers in a hotel car park away from the service and other ev charge points.

Why does Tesla not make it clear which superchargers are ACTUALLY on route and why are they down a no entry road away from the main ev charging area? Seems like an own goal and tbh a bit stupid for such a "clever" company!

There were 10 superchargers (1 in use) so why not fit 5 on each side of the motorway in an area easily accessible. Must have cost a fortune to fit 10 in such a hidden place and in a place which forces Tesla owners to illegally drive through a no entry sign.

2. Tam

Tam Active Member

I assume that the navigation needs to be updated.

I don't know why but may be 10 bays in 1 location is cheaper and quicker to build than 5 each for 2 different locations.

If you could please send a Navigation correction and Supercharger location suggestion to Tesla via its contact page.

3. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

Have done.....must order a Tesla brolly for 500m wald in rain to get a coffee while charging!

4. Tam

Tam Active Member

Sorry for all the troubles

I don't want to make excuse for Tesla but I think it still thinks it's a new start up and these are just expected growing pains for early adopters (Yes, early adopters: How else there are 3 unhappy owners who sue Tesla for selling an unfinished AP2!)

Thanks for your reports and input.

5. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

The superchargers require high power connections - so splitting the stations between sides of a highway would be pretty expensive, plus it requires securing a second physical location.

Tesla has made improvements with the trip planner to help in managing supercharger access - and could do more with future releases, such as providing advice on which charging spots should provide the fastest charging rate (since chargers are shared between two spots).

• Like x 1