Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Satin Black Badges?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm bringing me MY non-performance in tomorrow to get the front windows tinted and paint correction with CQuartz Ceramic all over the car and they will do the badges in satin black as is common.

My question is, what are peoples feelings on what to do with the DUAL MOTOR badge? Do people who get the "T" badges satin black also get the DUAL MOTOR badge the same or do most of you have the DUAL MOTOR badge removed out right when they are doing the ceramic application?

I'm tempted to just have them remove it outright, with second option being satin black if it looks decent, and third option and least attractive is to leave it as is. I think it would look odd being the only thing chrome left on the body so leaning towards removing it completely or having it getting the satin black treatment.

My MY is in the shop for tint, etc and I went black on the Dual Motor emblem...no red stripe for me since I don’t have Performance.

Dual Motor Emblem

My shop appreciated not having to paint the chrome letters, haha!!

ETA: If you’re a gamer, they can be rearranged to spell “ultra doom” if that’s your thing, haha!!

My MY is in the shop for tint, etc and I went black on the Dual Motor emblem...no red stripe for me since I don’t have Performance.

Dual Motor Emblem

My shop appreciated not having to paint the chrome letters, haha!!

ETA: If you’re a gamer, they can be rearranged to spell “ultra doom” if that’s your thing, haha!!
I removed everything but the “t” on hood and changed it to satin black
3B098B6B-6794-4DAD-A7A5-17DA53A2C899.jpeg
5D99ED02-92D8-4E34-A6BD-34C8168DFDCE.jpeg

Reactions: totoro722