Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Satin Guard film on my M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lloyds

Apr 3, 2013
Bay Area
I got into an accident a while ago and the clear film really protected the bumper (no damage except on film) - you can ready more about it here:

My 1st accident in 10 years

I've been going back and forth on this for weeks. Gracious enough for Premier Protective Films in Fremont to store my car until I made the decision. They showed me the Satin Guard film on my car and compared to Xpel Stealth and Suntek. It was a no brainer which film to use as you can see here in this youtube video (my car in there). More of a matter of making the jump to completely change the look of my M3.

They are very booked now, so I will have to wait about 2 weeks before they can start. Once Premier starts, I should have it back in 2-3 days. Another waiting game - waiting with excitement!

According to my installer, Satin Guard costs slightly more than Xpel (I didn't look over my bill yet as I am doing Photosynch, Blackvue, center console, etc so I didn't pay attention to how the pricing is partitioned out). But in my ocd opinion, the difference was very noticeable in person. I liked how the film changes tone in varying degrees whereas Xpel was more dull looking. Now I would say that if Satin Guard was not compared next to Xpel, I would think Xpel looks good, but this would be out of a non-comparison viewpoint.

Satin Guard on a white Model 3. Full car is wrapped in this new film from Prestige (the same makers of ClearGuard Nano). Love how it looks and how it feels. I'll post more pictures of the car and closer ups once it's done curing, but I couldn't resist at least posting one because of how happy we are with the results.
DSC04742.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: KenC
Satin Guard on a white Model 3. Full car is wrapped in this new film from Prestige (the same makers of ClearGuard Nano). Love how it looks and how it feels. I'll post more pictures of the car and closer ups once it's done curing, but I couldn't resist at least posting one because of how happy we are with the results.
View attachment 413619
Which wheels are those? Reminds me a bit of the Porsche Carrera S wheels.