Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Saturday morning decisions....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can I really go wrong??

Lifeisrough.jpg

LOL, that "dinosaur" is such torture to have to drive every so often!! :smile:

From what I've read, seems as though the C7 is the second car choice for quite a few Model S owners. Certainly the best two American made cars built today. At least in my opinion. At least until 2019, when Tesla comes out with the new Roadster, I'll just have to "suffer" with the dinosaur!! Then again, with Tesla's track record on keeping to time line promises (hence the Model X being 2 years late), probably looking at closer to 2021!

I originally wanted the Saleen wheels. Saleen wanted something like $10,000 for wheels and tires. Couldn't justify that cost for a set of wheels and tires.

Saleen-Niche.jpg

Found these and actually liked them better for WAY less. Get tons of compliments on them. All the tech's at my Tesla service center love them. They are Niche Essen M146 Machine faced wheels. 21 x 9 with 275/30/21 Runflat Pirelli tires (same circumference as the stock tires)

Some additional photos below.

JMR.jpg

Thanks for the info on the wheels. I think I forsee some of those in my near future, although I will probably stick with 19". How is the ride on the 21" with the Pirellis? Do you have air suspension? I don't, which is why I'll probably stick with the 19" wheels...

JC

Thanks for the info on the wheels. I think I forsee some of those in my near future, although I will probably stick with 19". How is the ride on the 21" with the Pirellis? Do you have air suspension? I don't, which is why I'll probably stick with the 19" wheels...

JC

They make them in 19's, however I would probably recommend going with 20's if you're worried about ride quality. I had the stock 21" wheels originally, notice no difference what so ever between the Pirelli's and stock tires. I haven't driven a car with 19's, so don't have anything to compare to. With 20's, then you can at least take advantage of a little bigger wheel, yet still have a bigger sidewall to ease the ride quality. Not sure when too much sidewall starts to not make any difference. Meaning, with a 20' and taller series tire than what I have with the 21's, would that be enough to equal the ride quality of the 19's with an even taller tire? Possibly others can chime in. I've of a lot people choosing to go with 20" wheels for the same reason. Wanted the ride quality with the bigger wheel. Anyway, just a thought. They do make them in 20's as well.

LOL, that "dinosaur" is such torture to have to drive every so often!! :smile:

From what I've read, seems as though the C7 is the second car choice for quite a few Model S owners. Certainly the best two American made cars built today. At least in my opinion.

The Z06 has been at the top of my list since it came out this year. That is until I tried a P85D. Money no object, I would have both even though now, unfortunalty, any ICE car does have that dinosaur feel to it.

Thanks again for the info. I'll have to give the 20's some thought. I was randomly searching the net for those wheels, and found a pretty nice site that lets you see what the wheels look like on "your" car (California Wheels - The Bay Area's Premiere Wheel & Car Customization Shop). The 19's actually look really nice. I'll have to investigate, because if I can keep my current tires, that would be my preference.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, by the way! Enjoy both of your cars. Nice to have tough decisions like that, I'm sure!

JC

OK, I've upgraded. S85 RWD to a P90D.

While the P90D is "quicker" than the Corvette, it's still not a two-seater sports car and the Corvette is still "faster". The Tesla is an AMAZING machine and I love every second of driving it. But the Vette still has its place too. A completely different driving experience.

Image514.jpg

Image513.jpg

Last edited: